No announcement yet.

Questions about strikers, recruitment and progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn’t we buy some “Wonder Kid” from Yeading /Hayes a couple of years ago ? ( May well be longer ) scoring for fun , sorry name escapes me .
    Never been anywhere near the team .
    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Some very valid points raised on this thread.

Though I still struggle to understand why we couldn't get a striker on loan, with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Let’s not forget we scouted Bos , Hall , Eze , Freeman ,for very little money.I agree we need a striker but let’s not pretend we have missed the boat on many because as I said I can only think of Watkins that have stepped up recently.
        Quite right Stains but what happend to the scouting set up that brought in those players you mentioned ? Yep we got rid ( penrice )

Comment

On the other hand Toney had been at Newcastle and never got a look in .Why accuse us of not buying him when he has never played above league 1 level and no other club has taken a punt on him .The Washington scars run deep for a club in our financial position.

posh sold us Washington and replaced him with jack Marriott for 250k sold 4.5m to derby and replaced him with Ivan Toney for 600k from Newcastle Toney the best striker posh of had and they made a lot of money why they are run by a owner who’s got a business plan and stuck to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkranger View Post
            Some very valid points raised on this thread.

Though I still struggle to understand why we couldn't get a striker on loan, with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.
            Spot on. A loan which should have been sorted and placed on stand by, If Wells went to another club. Which he ultimately did..

QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Spot on. A loan which should have been sorted and placed on stand by, If Wells went to another club. Which he ultimately did..
              Have you thought that maybe the striker or strikers that the club really want will not be available until the summer and maybe the club couldn’t commit the funds (FFP) until the summer.

Comment

Have you thought that maybe the striker or strikers that the club really want will not be available until the summer and maybe the club couldn’t commit the funds (FFP) until the summer.
                Tbh Nobody knows if we’re ok to sign anyone in July on a permanent we would all like to think we have some cash free with outgoings.

lad at Coventry bakayoko looks powerful also gnaduilet at Blackpool I’d imagine both in our price range Cb lad at posh frankie Kent worth a look at quick reads game well and as MW like ball playing cb he can do that. Realistic we need to sell possibly Eze to find signings but it’s where the clubs at now. Ive no objection to him going as long as it’s not balancing a debt and we don’t reinvest

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post

Tbh Nobody knows if we’re ok to sign anyone in July on a permanent we would all like to think we have some cash free with outgoings.

lad at Coventry bakayoko looks powerful also gnaduilet at Blackpool I’d imagine both in our price range Cb lad at posh frankie Kent worth a look at quick reads game well and as MW like ball playing cb he can do that. Realistic we need to sell possibly Eze to find signings but it’s where the clubs at now. Ive no objection to him going as long as it’s not balancing a debt and we don’t reinvest
                  Agree , also hearing the savings on wages of Leistner , Wells , Scowen , mjalakr and Smith could be used towards a new longer contract for Bos , which would obviously be protecting a valuable asset .

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                    We had no money to spend in the Januar 2019 transfer window. We put together more or less an entire new squad during the 2019 summer window on a total transfer fee budget of £50.000. We have once again put behind us a window without spending, in order to keep our ammunition for the upcoming transfer window dry. By 1 July 2020 we are out on the three year FFP rolling interval that includes the devastating loss of the 2017/2018 season and we have again freedom to spend a bit.

I think the higher hierarchy of the club has considered it better to sign a couple of good young hungry strikers for a couple of million pounds each during the upcoming summer window than to spend at inflated prices during this recent window, also having in mind the fact we are probably sailing very close to the wind in terms of FFP.

On the back of this I believe it is unfair to accuse Les or any other key decision makers for lack of acquisitions of strikers or players for any other positions for the sake.

The fact is that we are doing amazing given the financial constraints we are under. I simply cannot understand the criticism that keeps coming up with reference to lack of ambition and lack of spending. It is like criticizing a poor working man for not buying a Rolls Royce so he can move around in some style.
                    Good post...I have to admit the 3 yr rolling window thing and potential to spend after it is news to me and I try to keep up...is this well known amongst most fans?

Comment

You agreed with Gator, but not me? Very strange......
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I think we were making slightly different points Shania!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

That’s not true Shania , Gator accepts that our hands are tied until the summer .We all agree it’s a risk not bringing someone in but obviously the finances dictate that .

Comment

I do know that the club is signing boys from ages 9+ from small clubs.

I think it's a long term thing and that's what we need.

Comment

Fact is our options in the striker positions is weak , this should not of been allowed to happen . Hugill is slow and off the boil . .. can't believe we never got in a loan we have freed. Up wages from Wells , BFG , scowen and mlarkar

Comment

That’s not true Shania , Gator accepts that our hands are tied until the summer .We all agree it’s a risk not bringing someone in but obviously the finances dictate that .
                                Ok. But I still find it very hard to believe that we were not able to bring in a well scouted striker on loan. ...
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X