Kit v Huddersfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit v Huddersfield

Does anyone know how we came to take the field in that ridiculous combo?

I mentioned it during the match thread, WTF? Bring back the Dennis the Menace strips!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Shoop View Post
      Does anyone know how we came to take the field in that ridiculous combo?
      I really am losing faith with the day to day running of our club, let alone what has been happening on the pitch, to turn up for a professional football match with the tops and bottoms from different kit is so embarrassing.

Whoever has been picking the away kits over the last few years should have their bumps felt, last seasons pink kit was vile and this seasons offering is just as bad.

Our Dennis the Menace kit was a classic, get a grip Rangers FFS.

I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Thought the shorts improved that anaemic mess of away kit

Comment

QPR have traditionally wore a red based away shirt from 70s onwards and I think they should just stick with that as the standard from next season.
          red and black hoops, red and white halves, red shirts with red or black shorts.
          Simplest.

Comment

Messy kit messy performance

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post

I really am losing faith with the day to day running of our club, let alone what has been happening on the pitch, to turn up for a professional football match with the tops and bottoms from different kit is so embarrassing.

Whoever has been picking the away kits over the last few years should have their bumps felt, last seasons pink kit was vile and this seasons offering is just as bad.

Our Dennis the Menace kit was a classic, get a grip Rangers FFS.
              I think this stems from ###### Leeds fans, and club I believe, complaining our away kit was too close to their white home kit.
              Which is obviously why they never tonked us by 5 at Elland Rd

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                QPR have traditionally wore a red based away shirt from 70s onwards and I think they should just stick with that as the standard from next season.
                Simplest.
                Like all those Stan
                Agree, any combination of those.
                Plus red n black halves ala Warnock time too

Comment

Away kits are rubbish nowadays. They drastically change every year so they don't build up any real traction or identity, can you honestly say with any conviction what any club's away kit is anymore? Christ knows what ours will be next season, could be anything..... black with gold polka dots? Even if it looked smart it'd be gone and forgotten a year later when we change to cerise and green stripes.
                  I actually liked the black and silvery grey hoops we had once or twice - made us look physically bigger, like rugby league bruisers.

Comment

Yeah we are getting to look like jockeys !

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Simplest.
                      Totally agree, I know the actual football being played is the most important but the kit is something that has endeerment from times gone by and turning up in ridiculous looking away kits all the time is a bit of a turn off but not important in the big scheme of things....but it is within the club's control so why mess about with what the supporters love to see...Dennis the Menace me up!

Comment

Another thing with regards these rather bland away kits, where will the retro come from in years to come? So far we have the Red and White Halves, Dennis the Menace and the Red Cup Final Kits which will always be loved but what will my son have to get sentimental on? The nearest we have got in last 10 years was our Red and White quarters but everything else has been bland although last years sky blue and black hoops at least tipped a wink at the past. Yes you can say retro will always be the halves and Dennis kits and they will to me but not my son, as he has never seen us play in those kits. Surely sticking to the identity the club has is a far better way to increase shirt sales both home or away.

Comment

Green n White hoops and red n black hoops stay with em me thinks

Comment

Wearing our away kit at home has not been very successful, besides the Leicester cup game mid seventies, I seem to remember us playing in our away kit versus Blackburn last game of the season 1969/70, red and black stripes, both home defeats.
                            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                            X