New stadium and training ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New stadium and training ground.

Sorry if a topic is already open on this subject. But what is the latest on the stadium and the training ground?
    I like to think I’m really patient with the owners. I really appreciate the amount of money pumped in originally albeit ill advised signings. They tried, failed and now are trying a different approach, I’m supportive of this and I think Warburton has now put the foundations in place for the next few seasons of slow progression.

One thing that never gets spoke about is this new, state of the art training ground and the new stadium. Cooor how long ago was those pics of the stadium we will get?
    Are the just pulling the wool over our eyes and these both will never happen?

This has been done to death. Dead just like any aspirations for a ground and training camp. Not being negative just the way it is.
    beatmydemons.com

Comment

Do we need a new stadium with our crowds , can't fill LR

Comment

I'm based near Brighton. Took them over a decade to get to new ground and state of the art training facilities. Lots of false starts and frustrations. London likely to be even harder and more expensive.

In the end the owner paid over £100m for the new ground. They had part funding but lender pulled out at the last minute and he ended up putting all the money in.

We are in a better position in theory as we have our own ground already. Brighton didn't. If owners up for it and no FFP interference it can be done but we could all be a fair bit older before we reach the promised land!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
          Do we need a new stadium with our crowds , can't fill LR
          Why not? Brighton fill their stadium and their crowds were lower than ours prior.

Comment

They are hoping we have all forgotten about it sshhhhhhh

Comment

If we can't border up warren farm and stop a few pitch folk pensioner's then clearly the owners have had 2nd thoughts
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

more than likely end up ground sharing with Hounslow FC,nice new stadium ,that should keep everybody happy
                Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post

Why not? Brighton fill their stadium and their crowds were lower than ours prior.
                  Agreed, but this is often the argument used by those who prefer to stay at LR rather than move to a new stadium.

Plus QPR need a new stadium with modern facilities for more commercial use as the club have often stated.

As to what are they doing , I am not sure.
                  The council could be dragging their heels over the LC site (they had the consultation process and a football stadium eas the preferred choice) so what is the next step?

Maybe the owners could buy the LC site and build a new stadium. Then they could redevelop LR as flats & houses to recoup some of their money back.

The training ground has been approved by the council and the appeals process as far as I know was over, but still nothing seems to have started.

​​There could be a number of reasons why the training ground and stadium are yet to get underway but we do not know.
                  Or maybe they are just pulling the wool over our eyes.

Comment

Brighton are only club for miles around, huge catchment area of comparatively wealthy folks..... Of course they will fill a 30K ground. We are in a completely different situation, surrounded by several clubs who are frankly a far more attractive proposition to visit if you're a new, casual or curious fan.

Comment

Need to fill KPF stadium first!
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        Brighton are only club for miles around, huge catchment area of comparatively wealthy folks..... Of course they will fill a 30K ground. We are in a completely different situation, surrounded by several clubs who are frankly a far more attractive proposition to visit if you're a new, casual or curious fan.
                        Add to that the fact that Shepherds Bush is a 5h!thole.

Comment

Give is some hope and the stadium will be full

Comment

We will not have a new stadium within the next 10 years, its taken so long to get the training ground over the line, I know because of objections, but still seems like an age, we don't have the money to build a ground without local authority help or big backer, and talk of a 40,000 stadium is ridiculous cant sell out the 19.000 one we have now will be like playing in a morgue. I think we should maybe look to rebuild our little oasis in the white city a better way slowly one stand at a time maybe the stands could be a little higher and cantilever, no posts and maybe push the capacity up to 25-28000, and get it completed maybe within 5-6 years

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              We will not have a new stadium within the next 10 years, its taken so long to get the training ground over the line, I know because of objections, but still seems like an age, we don't have the money to build a ground without local authority help or big backer, and talk of a 40,000 stadium is ridiculous cant sell out the 19.000 one we have now will be like playing in a morgue. I think we should maybe look to rebuild our little oasis in the white city a better way slowly one stand at a time maybe the stands could be a little higher and cantilever, no posts and maybe push the capacity up to 25-28000, and get it completed maybe within 5-6 years
                              That can't be done. Impossible. It has been considered before.

Comment

Working...
                              X