New stadium and training ground.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeeCookFan View Post

We do need a new stadium and it has little to do with match day crowds. The KPFS is unused about 340 days of the year. The reason it is unused it because we have no other facilities to offer. We have very little in term of corporate facilities but even those are normal overlooked because we have no parking and are a good 10 minute walk from the tube. If you look at other clubs - Reading for example have very few other events at the ground but use it as a hotel and the corporate facilities are almost always booked out. Of the income their stadium makes less than 30% of this comes from match day crowds. MK Dons have an even higher % of their stadium's turnover come from non match day events. Look at what Spurs are doing with their ground too.

The issue is not that the capacity being too small, the issue is that it is prime London land that is disused for 90% of the year.
    I get that but come on it would be like a league cup match with thousands of empty seats ....

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Seem to remember there are legal covenants which prevent any meaningful expansion of Loftus Road.

I suspect if we got a new ground and good facilities we could fill 30,000 plus even allowing for the various other clubs in the area. A positive buzz and better match day experience will get people there. We would though need to avoid League One and be working our way up this division ...
      The only covenants I can recall is that Loftus Rd stadium must remain as a sporting venue, though that may have changed over the years..
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
      X