Our financial situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
    Wells rumoured to have been on 45k a week at Burnley with us paying half, God knows what brizzle are paying him, now the dust has settled I'm glad the club are appearing to repair the financial mess of the last 9 years and attempt to live within their means.

What I am not happy about is the playing back from halfway line then back to keeper, we aren't even good at it so why bother?
    Sort it out rangers.
    Agree.

I like the fact we are FINALLY getting a firm handle on the biz side thanks to Hoos.

As for playing style/tactics, it is clear MW has a preferred way — yet the difference between a good and a great coach these days is how you adjust to the talent you have (which at QPR will forever be in constant motion).

If we had a solid goalie and speedy defenders I am all for playing it from the back. When you do not, as is the situation today, and we still play this way (and opponents know it) it is inexplicable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Stainrod evaluation is correct but they are dependant on quite a few things happening.

1 We manage to get good prices for Eze,Bos and any other good youngsters coming through.

2 Our revenues from sources other than player sales is mantained and hopefully improves.

3 The club getting a new ground to improve capacity and can be used for other money making
      purposes.We dont seem to be making much progress in this area.

4 The club getting a new training ground with all the bells and whistles to produce good young players.

5.The club being able to compete on all levels with other clubs in terms of wages,conditions and other non specific perks.

6 Avoid relegation this is paramount as the consequences could be dire,and those who think we dont need to be concerned are quite frankly on another planet

If we can attain the above we have a chance to bloom again but patience is the key word as we all know it is not going to happen overnight
      You're right Bill, but all these things must await the steadying of the ship.

And as you quite rightly say "patience is the key word'.

Comment

I have more confidence in our financial position now and hope we can continue to improve it, of course relegation would change all that drastically, I think we will be in the mix but should be better than 3 other clubs! MW knew what he was getting into when he took the job and I think he has done quite well even if results have tallied off as of late! The problem with deploying so many young players is you will get inconsistency and that was very apparent yesterday as Eze, BOS, Chair and Amos all struggled against a well drilled Bristol City side, it's great when it clicks as in our demolition of Wales, it's not gonna happen every week! I suspect because of our decent start and points accumulation the strategy in this window changed a bit and the club are banking on us being safe! If we finished one or two of our chances yesterday the tone of this thread would be a lot different, patience (and hope) are required!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Huddersfield away will now be a key match.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
            Huddersfield away will now be a key match.
            Key match why?no way, get a grip they are all important not just Huddersfield

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Key match why?no way, get a grip they are all important not just Huddersfield
              A point or three well give us much needed confidence.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Working...
              X