Our financial situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaggy24 View Post
    Imo warburton probably over achieving for few months hasn’t helped him personally but did the club a massive favour at least competing to be in the top 6, we all know we’re skint but we kept the youth at the club.

the clubs been under ffp death knell for a while honestly I think there’s three worse clubs in ccc this season and we should be ok at some point the directors need to show some intent to progress that includes warren farm stadium etc by either pulling a plug and having to leave the area as Hoos states lr ain’t big enough or sustainable and we have to sign a cf that we own in july
    Agree totally, can't continue in this model

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

That's right - the only person involved in signing players at clubs is the manager!

Not criticising Ollie just putting in perspective that he had a bit more wiggle room regarding spending than Warbs has had so far . Ollie also signed Freeman which didn’t turn out to bad did it .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

But Dave that all changes when you are out of ffp and the club are paying sensible wages for a club our size .Add to that you sell an asset once a season and invest wisely like Brentford , Preston , Bristol City etc.you then can have ambition to move on .
        Ah ok thanks Stainrod.
        So our budget gets set to zero, if you like, probably not the best way to describe it.
        Then when we have complied with being inside the parameters, we sell a player, and that gives us more scope to pay more, and spend more?
        Because as a club we have made above the ffp bracket we are in?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Ah ok thanks Stainrod.
          So our budget gets set to zero, if you like, probably not the best way to describe it.
          Then when we have complied with being inside the parameters, we sell a player, and that gives us more scope to pay more, and spend more?
          Because as a club we have made above the ffp bracket we are in?
          That’s it mate , we will no longer be a basket case club living and paying beyond our means .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

That’s it mate , we will no longer be a basket case club living and paying beyond our means .
            Well thank you Stainrod.
            That has given me a lot of hope.
            I never understood the way it works obviously.
            I get now why you and others seem confident there is a path.

Comment

I really wonder how much getting relegated will affect us? A year would probably be OK, but more than that would probably set us further back financially. Ps. I`m not saying we are going down!!
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                Warburton is working with his hands tied ,he cant be happy with being left with only one striker ,especially after a promising start to the season.
                back to similar teritory for us now with a relegation battle ahead but we should stay up . If we achieve that then Warbs has done his job well.
                That is true, Rebel R`s.

QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Can see clubs with dosh eyeing up Mark...........Imagine what he could do if he had the resources.

Comment

It doesn't wash with me at all. There are plenty of teams of similar stature and budget to us that seem to chug along in a more stable, coherent and successful fashion. We have been pretty ineffective for 5 years in this division (3 of those years we had parachute money) and we still seem utterly rudderless with no evident plan/identity and a manager I don't think has the necessary coaching chops to navigate us through these times.
                    Every team around us in London seems to be on an upward trajectory - if we don't pull our finger out soon we are going to be left behind and end up as the poor relation of the pack and the last club a young kid would consider supporting.

Comment

Or maybe it's the owners getting some of their cash back they have blown, rather than spending on players.
                      we will see next season when we are back to zero and investing in players.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        It doesn't wash with me at all. There are plenty of teams of similar stature and budget to us that seem to chug along in a more stable, coherent and successful fashion. We have been pretty ineffective for 5 years in this division (3 of those years we had parachute money) and we still seem utterly rudderless with no evident plan/identity and a manager I don't think has the necessary coaching chops to navigate us through these times.
                        Every team around us in London seems to be on an upward trajectory - if we don't pull our finger out soon we are going to be left behind and end up as the poor relation of the pack and the last club a young kid would consider supporting.
                        Sadly you are one of those that completely ignores our crazy spending of the past and how is it relevant to where we are today .

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          Am I correct in thinking that the ffp penalty being paid off over 10 years doesnt get included when ffp is calculated for the current year? Even if it is we still need to find circa £4 Million per year just to start at zero cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Am I correct in thinking that the ffp penalty being paid off over 10 years doesnt get included when ffp is calculated for the current year? Even if it is we still need to find circa £4 Million per year just to start at zero cost.
                            Correct that fine is outside of ffp .

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Thats not a problem because Eze and BOS are valued at £40m. All we need to do now is find clubs prepared to pay that money!

Last edited by SheepRanger; 02-02-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Stainrod evaluation is correct but they are dependant on quite a few things happening.

1 We manage to get good prices for Eze,Bos and any other good youngsters coming through.

2 Our revenues from sources other than player sales is mantained and hopefully improves.

3 The club getting a new ground to improve capacity and can be used for other money making
                                purposes.We dont seem to be making much progress in this area.

4 The club getting a new training ground with all the bells and whistles to produce good young players.

5.The club being able to compete on all levels with other clubs in terms of wages,conditions and other non specific perks.

6 Avoid relegation this is paramount as the consequences could be dire,and those who think we dont need to be concerned are quite frankly on another planet

If we can attain the above we have a chance to bloom again but patience is the key word as we all know it is not going to happen overnight

Comment

Working...
                                X