Our financial situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our financial situation

Read Warburtons interview in the West London sport regarding our situation .He is asking the genuine fans to understand where we we are right now .Maybe one or two on here should read it and understand the constraints he is working under. He will have done well to even keep us up if he manages it .

Warburton is working with his hands tied ,he cant be happy with being left with only one striker ,especially after a promising start to the season.
    back to similar teritory for us now with a relegation battle ahead but we should stay up . If we achieve that then Warbs has done his job well.

Comment

Surely he must have known what he was getting into.

And he has done well all things considered.

Now needs to wake the players up to the reality that there is still a relegation threat, even if it is small.

Comment

Yet Holloway kept us up and got slated. Not seeing any difference to be honest, yet Holloway probably on a 3rd of his wage
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I like Warburton, with his history of working in the city he understands finance and I would imagine that from day one when he took the job that he was fully aware of the constraints that FFP would impose on the club.
          I also like the way he doesn’t go meaning to the press about not being able to buy players, he is fully on board with the project of seeing us come out of the mess we’re in.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Yet Holloway kept us up and got slated. Not seeing any difference to be honest, yet Holloway probably on a 3rd of his wage
            Holloway was signing players , plus had big earners on the books , Freeman , Luongo ,Smithies , Chery ,Matt Smith etc.Plus he wasted 1 million signing Wheeler and Goss which doesn’t get mentioned a lot .

Comment

The one thing the surgeon mentioned in that interview was, there is no lack of ambition.
              To me I don't see how our business model is compatible with ambition.
              Unless of course the ambition is to stay out of trouble.
              Which has not been secured yet.
              I'm in full support of Mark, I think he's managed to pull off an amazing first half to the season under the restraints.

Comment

Wells rumoured to have been on 45k a week at Burnley with us paying half, God knows what brizzle are paying him, now the dust has settled I'm glad the club are appearing to repair the financial mess of the last 9 years and attempt to live within their means.

What I am not happy about is the playing back from halfway line then back to keeper, we aren't even good at it so why bother?
                Sort it out rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  The one thing the surgeon mentioned in that interview was, there is no lack of ambition.
                  To me I don't see how our business model is compatible with ambition.
                  Unless of course the ambition is to stay out of trouble.
                  Which has not been secured yet.
                  I'm in full support of Mark, I think he's managed to pull off an amazing first half to the season under the restraints.
                  Our ambition over the last 3 years has been to slash the wage bill to avoid ffp and still stay in this division. Hopefully we will stay up and still have all our exciting valuable young players still at the club .This summer I expect a bit of light at the end of the tunnel to move the club forward.Obviously a new training ground and stadium would help in that respect providing extra finance .

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                    Wells rumoured to have been on 45k a week at Burnley with us paying half, God knows what brizzle are paying him, now the dust has settled I'm glad the club are appearing to repair the financial mess of the last 9 years and attempt to live within their means.

What I am not happy about is the playing back from halfway line then back to keeper, we aren't even good at it so why bother?
                    Sort it out rangers.
                    Same as me 10/20 passes only for the back pass to the keeper , it's not the sort of football I want to watch . Play that way when yr winning 2 nil not when your behind

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

Same as me 10/20 passes only for the back pass to the keeper , it's not the sort of football I want to watch . Play that way when yr winning 2 nil not when your behind
                      So what then hoof it up field just for an opponent defender to win and give them possession?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Our ambition over the last 3 years has been to slash the wage bill to avoid ffp and still stay in this division. Hopefully we will stay up and still have all our exciting valuable young players still at the club .This summer I expect a bit of light at the end of the tunnel to move the club forward.Obviously a new training ground and stadium would help in that respect providing extra finance .
                        But our budget is what? 3rd smallest, 4th was it?
                        And we have to be there to stay inside the ffp rules.
                        So imo to talk about ambition, without defining that ambition is disingenuous.
                        Ambition to me and probably 90% of football fans is to win something.
                        Be it a trophy or promotion.
                        Aims are to stay in the respective division.
                        Just to add for us to abide by the ffp, we will have to have that small budget, so any promotion is way beyond us.
                        This is my major gripe with ffp it creates an unfair unbalanced competition.

Comment

Imo warburton probably over achieving for few months hasn’t helped him personally but did the club a massive favour at least competing to be in the top 6, we all know we’re skint but we kept the youth at the club.

the clubs been under ffp death knell for a while honestly I think there’s three worse clubs in ccc this season and we should be ok at some point the directors need to show some intent to progress that includes warren farm stadium etc by either pulling a plug and having to leave the area as Hoos states lr ain’t big enough or sustainable and we have to sign a cf that we own in july

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

But our budget is what? 3rd smallest, 4th was it?
                            And we have to be there to stay inside the ffp rules.
                            So imo to talk about ambition, without defining that ambition is disingenuous.
                            Ambition to me and probably 90% of football fans is to win something.
                            Be it a trophy or promotion.
                            Aims are to stay in the respective division.
                            Just to add for us to abide by the ffp, we will have to have that small budget, so any promotion is way beyond us.
                            This is my major gripe with ffp it creates an unfair unbalanced competition.
                            But Dave that all changes when you are out of ffp and the club are paying sensible wages for a club our size .Add to that you sell an asset once a season and invest wisely like Brentford , Preston , Bristol City etc.you then can have ambition to move on .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Holloway was signing players , plus had big earners on the books , Freeman , Luongo ,Smithies , Chery ,Matt Smith etc.Plus he wasted 1 million signing Wheeler and Goss which doesn’t get mentioned a lot .
                              That's right - the only person involved in signing players at clubs is the manager!

Comment

Working...
                              X