Proud of our club who agrees?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

I could be wrong, but I think only 1 of that bunch got banned, and a further 2 on pre mod, all the others are free to post under their old usernames.

The 2 on pre mod have not posted for a very long time, if they did, and their post is within site rules, their posts would get approved.

I am hoping I am wrong, as it's been a couple of years and I thought all had moved on and that they were happy with their own little corner of the internet.

As Stains says above, most active members on here are a good bunch, and differing views are always welcome.
    Differing views are essential otherwise we have a yes club.
    If you are correct and it was one of those, I wonder why the incognito approach?
    Perhaps worried of being told off at " home" for fraternisation?!

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

i smell a Brentfart troll....
      Dunno sounds to me like a pissed off fan watching his team weaken itself and throw themselves headlong into a relegation fight.... possibly?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Dunno sounds to me like a pissed off fan watching his team weaken itself and throw themselves headlong into a relegation fight.... possibly?
        I agree.

the club went through last season's January window in a similar fashion as the club dropped out of the top ten and into a relegation fight which saw the head coach sacked as a result.

There were no new signings and at least 1 sold with some outward bound loans including a few promising youngsters i.e. Chair and Smyth, who could probably have helped improve results had they been available.

Comment

This is our 5th season back in Championship. Every season has seemed more or less the same. Our end of season points tallies (earliest season first) for the 4 complete seasons is 60, 53, 56 and 51.
          The third from bottom club in those seasons had the following points: 40, 51 , 41 and 40. So apart from when Blackburn went down with 51 points and we stayed up with 53 points we have been fairly safe from relegation. But I think it's worth noting that every few years you can go down with 50ish points.
          Today we are 1 point worse off than we were on 31st Jan last season and we have played 1 game more this season too..... this season thus far almost perfectly mirrors last season statistically so you can understand why some people will feel it's all a bit same old same old cos it really is same old same old.

Comment

Originally posted by MrQPR2020 View Post
            Having a good season, we have a good manager and we have such good players? And we are 16th awesome job boys! Cant wait to spend another 600£ on a season ticket next season
            You taking the ####

Comment

Good stats abs, thanks.
              What are we on points wise at the moment?
              I notice though our points are dropping each season

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                This is our 5th season back in Championship. Every season has seemed more or less the same. Our end of season points tallies (earliest season first) for the 4 complete seasons is 60, 53, 56 and 51.
                The third from bottom club in those seasons had the following points: 40, 51 , 41 and 40. So apart from when Blackburn went down with 51 points and we stayed up with 53 points we have been fairly safe from relegation. But I think it's worth noting that every few years you can go down with 50ish points.
                Today we are 1 point worse off than we were on 31st Jan last season and we have played 1 game more this season too..... this season thus far almost perfectly mirrors last season statistically so you can understand why some people will feel it's all a bit same old same old cos it really is same old same old.
                And it will stay same old until we come out of the other side of ffp.

Comment

QPRDave

38 points currently.
                  Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                  Work Best When Open...
                  @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    good post.

But yes, there are those of us who are seeing no real improvement and feel that we are riding our luck somewhat and it won't be long before it runs out.

Yes, we have some better younger players coming through like Eze BOS & Chair, but what happens when they get sold? I don't see any other youngsters in the pipeline, so will have to hope the scouts can find some with the funds raised from selling the above 3, because we sure as hell won't be building a side around them. It would seem that the ambition for the next few years will be to carry on doing the same old thing.

Comment

Good stats abs, thanks.
                      What are we on points wise at the moment?
                      I notice though our points are dropping each season
                      Yes they are that's why I think it is only a matter of time before our luck runs out.

60, 53, 56 and 51 this season maybe 48 followed by 52 and then 45 and down?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

And it will stay same old until we come out of the other side of ffp.

what will change exactly.

QPR currently have one of the lowest budgets in the division and even without paying a fine it still won't raise much in income unless we have players to sell for big fees. Our crowds will not really increase and QPR cannot seem to make money from other ways so I doubt anything will change.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Yes they are that's why I think it is only a matter of time before our luck runs out.

60, 53, 56 and 51 this season maybe 48 followed by 52 and then 45 and down?
                          It's like watching a club in a plughole isn't it
                          Whirling down and down.
                          I keep seeing we will have money in the summer, and get better value.
                          We won't.

Comment

QPR currently have one of the lowest budgets in the division and even without paying a fine it still won't raise much in income unless we have players to sell for big fees. Our crowds will not really increase and QPR cannot seem to make money from other ways so I doubt anything will change.
                            Yep can't see how we will survive many more years at this level let alone a higher level

Comment

Ffp is judged over a 3 year rolling period and this is our last year of so called austerity. If we sell an asset from now on we can invest it in the squad again and start moving forward, like the Brentfords and Bristol citys etc. I know ffp can be complicated but fans need to start understanding it before they criticise the club .

Comment

It's like watching a club in a plughole isn't it
                                Whirling down and down.
                                I keep seeing we will have money in the summer, and get better value.
                                We won't.
                                Dave you sound like you need a stiff drink fella , it’s not all doom and gloom . We could be Luton , or a Birmingham or sheff weds that will have to suffer this at some point , oh and derby and possibly others.

Comment

Working...
                                X