Wells transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    Joe Lumley welcomes the respite from the spotlight...

Leave a comment:

• QPRDave
    replied
    This is down to Wells.
    He must have agreed to go back, and either play for Burnley or be sold somewhere else
    As op says we can't afford him, so he is doing what's best for him.
    Can't hammer QPR in this instance.
    Just hope we stay up.

Leave a comment:

• Stainrod
    replied
    Good luck to Wells , he was good for us and we were good for him .He could very well end up at a club that doesn’t play our brand of attacking football and be a complete flop .I certainly wouldn’t be breaking our wage structure to buy a 30 year old with no sell on value . We only usually play one up front anyway so Hugill will do with the likes of bos , Eze , Chair around him we should be ok .

Leave a comment:

• FurtiveFox
    replied
    Difficulty is any half decent striker is going to cost serious money in fees and salary package and we don't have much money compared to most other teams in this division. I know stating the obvious but that is why we have been so reliant on the loan market the last couple of seasons to have a half decent strike partnership.

Wells is in demand so now Burnley have activated the recall option I doubt we have too much chance of signing him. Flip side is there are plenty of strikers with Premiership clubs not getting much game time and who would be fine at Championship level so hopefully we will get an ok replacement.

With Wells our best chance is if they want to follow up their reported interest in BOS and include Wells as part of a deal and he is willing to accept the wages a club like us can offer as opposed to bigger fish in this league.

Leave a comment:

• 3London
    replied
    Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
    All this shankland talk has anyone actually seen him play cause the Scottish league ain't much cop especially division 1 in Scotland not even the spl it would be a massive step up for him
    yes league one at best - look at the guy cummings who scored 2 against liverpool for shrewsbury yesterday - great for hibs - rubbish for forest -55 goals in Scotland - 12 in the UK spread across 4 clubs

Leave a comment:

• Sleeping Giants
    replied
    Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
    Club must think we were born yesterday! Saying that we dont normally talk bout transfer targets but now wells has been recalled we want to sign him lol pr stunt to appease the fans ,nothing more ! No way we can afford to sign him but club laying the ground work so when end of jan comes they can say we tried . This was always gonna be a problem going into a season without a striker owned by the club .
    Good job we rested him against Wednesday eh!...lol....think Burnley are looking to involve BOS in a deal for Nakki?

Leave a comment:

• furlong29
    replied
    All this shankland talk has anyone actually seen him play cause the Scottish league ain't much cop especially division 1 in Scotland not even the spl it would be a massive step up for him
    I have seen him play numerous times , although standard is completley different , his movement and hold up play is excellent , he is great in the air and certainly knows how to finish . Got to be worth a gamble , will certainly be better value than the 3m we shelled out for connor washington who cant even score in scotland

Leave a comment:

• Rich
    replied
    Paul Smyth

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

If they get spurs away then Warburton should not be paid his handsome salary for 3 months, as no excuse for messing with starting lineup
    I don't think Wells played against Swansea when we won 5-1 did he?

Leave a comment:

• CroydonCaptainJack
    replied
    I think Les has been up there a couple of times.

Leave a comment:

• Impey0711
    replied

Leave a comment:

• furlong29
    replied
    I like wells and appreciate how well he has done for us , sounds like were his preferred choice but were prob least likely to be able to afford him , rather spend the dough on shankland to be honest , said we should of got him while at ayr utd and would of been free , could prob still afford him now but would prob cost a couple of million if we dont get him this time we will never afford him ! Trust me this lad has everything needed to be a success

Leave a comment:

• WeAreQPR12
    replied
    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
    Madness he didn't play the 90 Friday . Would be even more of a wee take if Wendy get a nice draw tonite
    If they get spurs away then Warburton should not be paid his handsome salary for 3 months, as no excuse for messing with starting lineup

Leave a comment:

• 72bus
    replied
    Madness he didn't play the 90 Friday . Would be even more of a wee take if Wendy get a nice draw tonite

Leave a comment:

• Westway
    replied
    Play him Friday, we win. Drawn against Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool = profit to go towards transfer.
    Don't play him. Get knocked out. He goes back to Burnley. We finish lower midtable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X