Wells transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impey0711 View Post
    All this shankland talk has anyone actually seen him play cause the Scottish league ain't much cop especially division 1 in Scotland not even the spl it would be a massive step up for him
    yes league one at best - look at the guy cummings who scored 2 against liverpool for shrewsbury yesterday - great for hibs - rubbish for forest -55 goals in Scotland - 12 in the UK spread across 4 clubs

Comment

Difficulty is any half decent striker is going to cost serious money in fees and salary package and we don't have much money compared to most other teams in this division. I know stating the obvious but that is why we have been so reliant on the loan market the last couple of seasons to have a half decent strike partnership.

Wells is in demand so now Burnley have activated the recall option I doubt we have too much chance of signing him. Flip side is there are plenty of strikers with Premiership clubs not getting much game time and who would be fine at Championship level so hopefully we will get an ok replacement.

With Wells our best chance is if they want to follow up their reported interest in BOS and include Wells as part of a deal and he is willing to accept the wages a club like us can offer as opposed to bigger fish in this league.

Comment

Good luck to Wells , he was good for us and we were good for him .He could very well end up at a club that doesn’t play our brand of attacking football and be a complete flop .I certainly wouldn’t be breaking our wage structure to buy a 30 year old with no sell on value . We only usually play one up front anyway so Hugill will do with the likes of bos , Eze , Chair around him we should be ok .

Comment

This is down to Wells.
          He must have agreed to go back, and either play for Burnley or be sold somewhere else
          As op says we can't afford him, so he is doing what's best for him.
          Can't hammer QPR in this instance.
          Just hope we stay up.

Comment

Joe Lumley welcomes the respite from the spotlight...

Comment

Maybe Burnley would take him in part ex for Wells ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                Good luck to Wells , he was good for us and we were good for him .He could very well end up at a club that doesn’t play our brand of attacking football and be a complete flop .I certainly wouldn’t be breaking our wage structure to buy a 30 year old with no sell on value . We only usually play one up front anyway so Hugill will do with the likes of bos , Eze , Chair around him we should be ok .
                What like Friday night against Wednesday?

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Easy to pick one bad game

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    This is down to Wells.
                    He must have agreed to go back, and either play for Burnley or be sold somewhere else
                    As op says we can't afford him, so he is doing what's best for him.
                    Can't hammer QPR in this instance.
                    Just hope we stay up.
                    Not down to Wells Dave, Burnley called him back & nothing he could do, we will just have to move on without him & forget about it

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post

Not down to Wells Dave, Burnley called him back & nothing he could do, we will just have to move on without him & forget about it
                      But you see I don't think Wells would be asked to return if he told Burnley he won't go anywhere else permanently.
                      He probably has agreed to a deal been put to him.

Comment

Sh ite decision to rest him Friday night now, not owning our own CF other than Other who imo aint up to it could be a long slog to 50+ points now Hugill couldn't hit a cows #### #### at moment with a double bass. As for Les looking at shankland is this the same Les that found Washington.

Buying Wells never an option we got less money than most league one clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

I’d say that was more down to playing Lumley and not playing Bos .

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Good job we rested him against Wednesday eh!...lol....think Burnley are looking to involve BOS in a deal for Nakki?
                            apart from the sitter Hugill missed as well. As for Lumley he be better off taking up that maniac Irish hurling there goal keepers expected to save nothing

Comment

Well we all have to get behind Hugill now & give him encouragement! But knowing our supporters I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffqpr View Post
                                Well we all have to get behind Hugill now & give him encouragement! But knowing our supporters I doubt it
                                Agree Jeff , Wells missed 2 sitters v Charlton and a one on one at Fulham that would probably of won us the game .Hugill has missed a few as well but seems to get a lot more stick from fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X