No announcement yet.

Don’t blame Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If MW starts Lumley next game, QPR faithful should camp out at his house and demand an explanation. This is utterly wrong. Send him out on loan now to see if anyone can restore his confidence. I would have rather played Nahki Wells, or Ryan Manning, or Eze in goal yesterday. Anyone but Lumley.

Comment

Agree with you totally behind Warburton and have enjoyed this season and how we’ve played so far .I can’t understand though why he would risk putting unnecessary pressure on himself by persisting with Lumley when he knows he is shot and the fans have had enough also.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
        Agree with you totally behind Warburton and have enjoyed this season and how we’ve played so far .I can’t understand though why he would risk putting unnecessary pressure on himself by persisting with Lumley when he knows he is shot and the fans have had enough also.
        Agree 100%

Comment

Several times down the years I've had a very strong feeling that managers field second rate players in FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds to demonstrate to the owners that the squad is in urgent need of upgrade before transfer window shuts. Even if the owners turn around and say tough, we aint got any money, it's a sort of pyrrhic victory for the manager who can shrug his shoulders and say don't blame me when we finish in bottom quarter of table again.

Comment

for us to get in play offs we need to win say 5 in a row , becos teams above us are going to play eachother and not lose every game

Comment

I have very few complaints about MW, he's done wonders with the squad and they are often fun to watch, I just don't see us climbing near the play offs as we still have some missing pieces to the puzzle to put a good winning streak together!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

Surely everyone must have noticed that every time there's been a stirring of "Playoff Mania" this season we have promptly gone and lost a few games and tumbled back down the table? We are nowhere near to being consistently good enough for play-offs, I can't be bothered checking but I'm pretty sure we've lost more games than we've won so far this season.... how that translates into a top 6 place is quite baffling.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                  Understandable that we are all a trifle fed up. After all we lost. However I feel the need to temper the thankfully small but noisy angry mob.
                  first - Lumley in goal. Now, it’s the pattern that your second choice keeper plays in the cups. Kelly has been injured. Dieng has a loan job to finish, other keeper totally untried. We need Lumley for the rest of the season. Picking him was correct and would have been ok if the rest performed.
                  Clarke? We don’t know the terms of the loan but I suspect he probably had to be picked and it was this that cost us the game. He hasn’t had any preseason with us, hardly featured at Leeds ( wonder why? ) and the poor kid is just about to learn how obnoxious some of our “fans” can be. Presumably Warbs has the job of rebuilding the kids career - or we wouldn’t have got him.
                  the rest of the selection? No problem there and would have worked if he had been able to select Bright at the start. One of the great things Warbs has done is to build a squad not just a team. So the accusation of not taking the cup seriously is nonsense.
                  mind you, Wednesday and their fans clearly wanted it much more than us so good luck to them.
                  remarkably, I think our players genuinely think we have top 6 in us this season, hence their less than gung ho attitude. Also, any number of our best players could be out of the door in days. Hard to commit and very unsettling.
                  if we can tough out a draw v Blackburn and we get our phones cut off on Friday, things might look much brighter this time next week.
                  Don't think I can totally agree worton Lumley could have done better on both goals but theres no denying he gets next no help from his defenders leaving his confidence shattered ,
                  so imo Warburton should have left him out ! To me playing him is bordering on cruelty ,again my opinion only but it would be better for the boy to go out on loan to try to reastablish his self away from the hate mob , I do believe he's better than his present form but he's not going to get better here let him come back next season for a fresh start , bring back the boy Dieng from Scotland as cover for Kelly
                  Last edited by dogsrrs; 26-01-2020, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    Last night was down to MW he got it wrong, Lumley should never have been near the side you knew there was going to be a mistake, you can also blame the defence as well not picking up the goal scorer so they have to take most of the blame, but the shot Lumley should have saved.
                    As far as the starting lineup he should have put out the side that played against Leeds, try and get the game won then make the changes.
                    As for Clark he looked way out of his depth, hopefully that was only nerves and he will improve, Manning needs to be sold and Kane has to many poor games than good one's, Hugill is pretty poor when in on goal, probably bring another striker and send him back to west spam.
                    Lumley needs to go out on loan to a lower league side to get some confidence back.
                    Also LF needs to stop doing Spurs a favour by taking some of their poor cast offs, just to give them game time, it does us no favours, Amos is the exception.
                    So MW needs to stick with a settled side, which seems his tinkering has cost him at other clubs.
                    Agree mostly,except Clarke just not match fit.

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                      I wouldn't declare season dead just yet, I know its optimistic but a win at blackburn is possible as away from home we have had some great displays, win at home v brizzle and play off talk will again be on the cards, optimistic? Of course!!!!!!
                      it's easier said than done and I actually think we will be lucky to get 1 point from those 2 games.

Comment

Play your strongest team to start in every game. If you must try things out, do it when you have killed the game off.

Comment

We cannot keep blaming the keeper everytime we lose. He made one mess helped by our dodgy defense. We lost cos we could not find the net. Have a look at the highlights to see our chances to have won that game. Hugs, Pughs, Kanes and Ezes all had good chances . Another game they could have gone in like the Welsh games. Not Warbs fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

Agree mostly,except Clarke just not match fit.
                            I think I have to agree with you, he needs more games and only then we can right him off. We should've used him as a sub.

Comment

Manger picks team , choses tactics . He choses to play weakened team when our season is virtually over . Don't see who else should take the blame

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                                We cannot keep blaming the keeper everytime we lose. He made one mess helped by our dodgy defense. We lost cos we could not find the net. Have a look at the highlights to see our chances to have won that game. Hugs, Pughs, Kanes and Ezes all had good chances . Another game they could have gone in like the Welsh games. Not Warbs fault.
                                This was a point Warbs made and it is true. We had the line up and the chances to win that game despite playing poorly for the first hour.

Comment

Working...
                                X