Don’t blame Warbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t blame Warbs

Understandable that we are all a trifle fed up. After all we lost. However I feel the need to temper the thankfully small but noisy angry mob.
    first - Lumley in goal. Now, it’s the pattern that your second choice keeper plays in the cups. Kelly has been injured. Dieng has a loan job to finish, other keeper totally untried. We need Lumley for the rest of the season. Picking him was correct and would have been ok if the rest performed.
    Clarke? We don’t know the terms of the loan but I suspect he probably had to be picked and it was this that cost us the game. He hasn’t had any preseason with us, hardly featured at Leeds ( wonder why? ) and the poor kid is just about to learn how obnoxious some of our “fans” can be. Presumably Warbs has the job of rebuilding the kids career - or we wouldn’t have got him.
    the rest of the selection? No problem there and would have worked if he had been able to select Bright at the start. One of the great things Warbs has done is to build a squad not just a team. So the accusation of not taking the cup seriously is nonsense.
    mind you, Wednesday and their fans clearly wanted it much more than us so good luck to them.
    remarkably, I think our players genuinely think we have top 6 in us this season, hence their less than gung ho attitude. Also, any number of our best players could be out of the door in days. Hard to commit and very unsettling.
    if we can tough out a draw v Blackburn and we get our phones cut off on Friday, things might look much brighter this time next week.
    Last edited by wortonranger; 25-01-2020, 11:23 AM.

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
    Understandable that we are all a trifle fed up. After all we lost. However I feel the need to temper the thankfully small but noisy angry mob.
    first - Lumley in goal. Now, it’s the pattern that your second choice keeper plays in the cups. Kelly has been injured. Dieng has a loan job to finish, other keeper totally untried. We need Lumley for the rest of the season. Picking him was correct and would have been ok if the rest performed.
    Pearce? We don’t know the terms of the loan but I suspect he probably had to be picked and it was this that cost us the game. He hasn’t had any preseason with us, hardly featured at Leeds ( wonder why? ) and the poor kid is just about to learn how obnoxious some of our “fans” can be. Presumably Warbs has the job of rebuilding the kids career - or we wouldn’t have got him.
    the rest of the selection? No problem there and would have worked if he had been able to select Bright at the start. One of the great things Warbs has done is to build a squad not just a team. So the accusation of not taking the cup seriously is nonsense.
    mind you, Wednesday and their fans clearly wanted it much more than us so good luck to them.
    remarkably, I think our players genuinely think we have top 6 in us this season, hence their less than gung ho attitude. Also, any number of our best players could be out of the door in days. Hard to commit and very unsettling.
    if we can tough out a draw v Blackburn and we get our phones cut off on Friday, things might look much brighter this time next week.
    I usually agree with you but the mistakes Lumley has made this season make his selection last night a bad decision.I thought apart from Lumley the team was ok on paper but Clarke was massively out of his depth and you could sense the crowds frustration that Bos was held back for so long .Also Manning is unrecognisable from the player that started the season .

Comment

Last night was down to MW he got it wrong, Lumley should never have been near the side you knew there was going to be a mistake, you can also blame the defence as well not picking up the goal scorer so they have to take most of the blame, but the shot Lumley should have saved.
      As far as the starting lineup he should have put out the side that played against Leeds, try and get the game won then make the changes.
      As for Clark he looked way out of his depth, hopefully that was only nerves and he will improve, Manning needs to be sold and Kane has to many poor games than good one's, Hugill is pretty poor when in on goal, probably bring another striker and send him back to west spam.
      Lumley needs to go out on loan to a lower league side to get some confidence back.
      Also LF needs to stop doing Spurs a favour by taking some of their poor cast offs, just to give them game time, it does us no favours, Amos is the exception.
      So MW needs to stick with a settled side, which seems his tinkering has cost him at other clubs.

Comment

I don't take the same view as a lot on here that Lumley was culpable for the first goal. Yes, he might have done better but it was a shot from a player with loads of time, from very close range and Lumley had little time to react. The fault lies with the other players (Kane) switching off when SW got a throw-in. Having said that, I don't think anyone can defend that shambles on the edge of our area in the second half.

Warbs has done a good job overall in my opinion but the thing that's really missing is consistency. That won't change as long as he keeps making radical changes to the team. You can cycle players through as they get tired but making 8 changes from a winning team is just asking for trouble. At the end of the day, the buck stops with him so yes, I do blame Warbs.

Comment

I blame Warburton 100%. Football is a squad game and we should expect to use the reserves and second-stringers over the season. I'd expect the squad to have a sort of identity or common approach with all the players being "on the same page" and the personnel being interchangeable and being able to slip into their role/position without disrupting the overall plan. Last night was embarrassing - team was disjointed, clueless, aimless and played like strangers who had no idea what they were doing. They are mostly okay players individually but as a team they were appalling - I therefore hold the manager and coaching staff wholly responsible.

Comment

Ok bottom line.
            Warbs has performed a miracle, this season already.
            We virtually sold the whole team and replaced it with frees
            But.... and here's the bottom line, Joe needs to be sent out of the club, now this window.
            The fans don't trust him, and he doesn't trust himself I think.
            He needs to be taken out of the firing line, to just get some confidence back.
            At the moment he is shell shocked, and we will destroy him imo if he stays.
            Good for both parties I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Ok bottom line.
              Warbs has performed a miracle, this season already.
              We virtually sold the whole team and replaced it with frees
              But.... and here's the bottom line, Joe needs to be sent out of the club, now this window.
              The fans don't trust him, and he doesn't trust himself I think.
              He needs to be taken out of the firing line, to just get some confidence back.
              At the moment he is shell shocked, and we will destroy him imo if he stays.
              Good for both parties I'd say.
              Spot on Dave , this has been going on to long regarding Lumley .Warbs has plenty of credit in the bank but he will quickly lose it if he persists with Lumley.

Comment

No sensible fan can see positives in giving lumley grief, by the same token no sensible can see the positive of sticking him in the squad last night, I want him to do well but on current form he should not be playing, loaning him out is an option but these things are often very complicated plus we would need to bring a keeper in

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                  Last night was down to MW he got it wrong, Lumley should never have been near the side you knew there was going to be a mistake, you can also blame the defence as well not picking up the goal scorer so they have to take most of the blame, but the shot Lumley should have saved.
                  As far as the starting lineup he should have put out the side that played against Leeds, try and get the game won then make the changes.
                  As for Clark he looked way out of his depth, hopefully that was only nerves and he will improve, Manning needs to be sold and Kane has to many poor games than good one's, Hugill is pretty poor when in on goal, probably bring another striker and send him back to west spam.
                  Lumley needs to go out on loan to a lower league side to get some confidence back.
                  Also LF needs to stop doing Spurs a favour by taking some of their poor cast offs, just to give them game time, it does us no favours, Amos is the exception.
                  So MW needs to stick with a settled side, which seems his tinkering has cost him at other clubs.
                  My Leeds mate tells me Clarke was great the season he git transferred to Spurs but when he came back the rumour was he had some sort of panic attack in the changing room before a game. He has never been the same since and seems shot to pieces.

Comment

Sorry but warbs Is to blame , I was at Leeds and saw the reaction of our team when we won .. winning makes everyone happy fans and players alike. We sit mid table so why not give us a chance of playing liverpool .. just seen Brentford team all ressies understandable as they sit high in our league . To drop BOS last nite was criminal , it's January and our season is dead

Comment

I wouldn't declare season dead just yet, I know its optimistic but a win at blackburn is possible as away from home we have had some great displays, win at home v brizzle and play off talk will again be on the cards, optimistic? Of course!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                        I wouldn't declare season dead just yet, I know its optimistic but a win at blackburn is possible as away from home we have had some great displays, win at home v brizzle and play off talk will again be on the cards, optimistic? Of course!!!!!!
                        Depends who's in goal

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

I usually agree with you but the mistakes Lumley has made this season make his selection last night a bad decision.I thought apart from Lumley the team was ok on paper but Clarke was massively out of his depth and you could sense the crowds frustration that Bos was held back for so long .Also Manning is unrecognisable from the player that started the season .
                          I totally agree with this assessment. Totally.

Comment

We aren't good enough for playoffs, and if we were to get in them the disappointment would be 10x bigger

Comment

Kelly has only played a handful of games and had no need to be rested. Also a funny line up of Clarke, Chair, Eze and Pugh left us a bit light of a midfield enforcer. Clarke was only playing his 2nd game of the season but he does appear very one-footed. Early days. Saying that I am still 100% behind MW but will praise and constructively criticise on merit.

Comment

Working...
                              X