City in for Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I posted yesterday, it's all down to Wells
    Burnley and other clubs can want what they like.
    Apparently Wells has said despite interest from other clubs, he wants to stay with QPR

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
      Although not the same money but we signed Cameron, Rangel (on new contracts) and Wallace this season so we are not adverse to signing players without a re sale value.
      Very good point

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Really can't blame clubs for wanting him, 14 goals or so and out of contract at the end of this season

We have to hope we keep him for this window and then I think he will sign permanently for us, he is very clear on twitter he loves this football club and he wants to sign, I remember on deadline I was beside myself that we resigned him, i've always loved him since his Bradford days, proper striker !!!!!!!!
        I distinctly remember a period last season where the wheels were falling off and Nahki was not scoring. He came in for some stick from the crowd and didn't look a happy bunny. Yeah, he may be content at the mo' but he'll know it can all go sour virtually overnight and he will seriously consider any opportunity to enhance his wages or secure a contract.
        Generally it appears that nowt much is happening in this window but I have a nasty feeling it's gonna go mental at the end of next week and some of our jewels might get prised away.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

I distinctly remember a period last season where the wheels were falling off and Nahki was not scoring. He came in for some stick from the crowd and didn't look a happy bunny. Yeah, he may be content at the mo' but he'll know it can all go sour virtually overnight and he will seriously consider any opportunity to enhance his wages or secure a contract.
          Generally it appears that nowt much is happening in this window but I have a nasty feeling it's gonna go mental at the end of next week and some of our jewels might get prised away.
          Or that he suits and revels in MB's style of football and with the talented attacking players providing him opportunities (he's playing in the league's 2nd highest scoring team at the mo)... stay and keep up the good work or go elsewhere and possibly find that it all goes base over apex overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

I very much doubt they can change the terms of the agreement like that. A recall option is one thing but a total renegotiation is quite another.

Well that's the simple thing for them to do is recall and then sell him, unless he says he'll sit tight and wait for his contract to run down, which he is entitled to do, but then they may just keep him and almost force him to leave, by not insisting to loan him out again, and I would imagine he's on maybe £30k a week which is well out of our wage structure

Comment

Speaking to Lancashire Live about Wells’ future, Dyche said:

“He is going along nicely, we keep tabs on him and know what he is doing. I know Mark Warburton well and he is very pleased with him.

“We will monitor situations like we do, he is one of ours so we are in control of that situation.”

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Speaking to Lancashire Live about Wells’ future, Dyche said:

“He is going along nicely, we keep tabs on him and know what he is doing. I know Mark Warburton well and he is very pleased with him.

“We will monitor situations like we do, he is one of ours so we are in control of that situation.”
                Interesting but not giving much away. I would expect that of him to be honest. Two wins on the trot has taken the pressure off him as well which may help.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  As I posted yesterday, it's all down to Wells
                  Burnley and other clubs can want what they like.
                  Apparently Wells has said despite interest from other clubs, he wants to stay with QPR
                  Wells said earlier this season that he wanted to stay at QPR so if he still feels the same then maybe he will just see out his contract and do just that.

having said that, Burnley can insist on recalling him and if he wants to play football then he would have little choice in where he gets sold to.

Comment

I saw this in a Bristol news report
                    But they were quoting Sean Gallagher is it
                    The journo who used to cover QPR?
                    So who knows I

Comment

https://twitter.com/QPR/status/12203...urs%3Fpage%3D7

Should we read anything into that tweet?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        https://twitter.com/QPR/status/12203...urs%3Fpage%3D7

Should we read anything into that tweet?
                        Is that from today Jack?
                        If it is I'd say he's sending a message to Burnley and suitors.
                        Oh and now Forest are sticking their noses in.
                        I really hope we get ourselves into a position where other teams are not able to take advantage of us
                        And maybe we can get our back them, ####in Forest......

Comment

Pay the money best striker since Chas austin

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Wells said earlier this season that he wanted to stay at QPR so if he still feels the same then maybe he will just see out his contract and do just that.

having said that, Burnley can insist on recalling him and if he wants to play football then he would have little choice in where he gets sold to.
                            Burnley can insist on re calling him but a player always has a choice where he wants to go.

Comment

Yep, but the reason Burnley sent him out on loan, is because they don't want to pay his wages.
                              Surely unless Wells says he is happy to talk to others, and so indicating he will move, Burnley won't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Yep, but the reason Burnley sent him out on loan, is because they don't want to pay his wages.
                                Surely unless Wells says he is happy to talk to others, and so indicating he will move, Burnley won't recall.
                                If Burnley have decided they dont take up his one year option then we are free to sign him on a pre-contract agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X