City in for Wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City in for Wells

sky reporting Bristol City are in contact with Burnley over the possibility of signing Nakki Wells in the window.

Hopefully tosh! How much cash we talking?
    I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Burnley signed him for £5m back on Aug 2017. He has 1.5yrs left on his contract if Burnley take up the option to extend it in the summer by one more season

With six months left on his contract surely £1.5m will see him sold. As always though it will be about his wages. I can't see Brizzle matching his Burnley wages so surely he will see out the 6 months and be a free agent in the summer. I cant see him going anywhere in Jan.

Comment

Only if he wants to go to Bristol
        Nahki can just sit out his contract

Comment

Really can't blame clubs for wanting him, 14 goals or so and out of contract at the end of this season

We have to hope we keep him for this window and then I think he will sign permanently for us, he is very clear on twitter he loves this football club and he wants to sign, I remember on deadline I was beside myself that we resigned him, i've always loved him since his Bradford days, proper striker !!!!!!!!
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If he's available in the summer we'd need to sell a few players to afford his wages.

I was at the game on Sat with a Leeds mate who's well in at the club. He told me they're paying Bamford £50k a week!!

Comment

Much as I desperately want Wells to stay, there is this FFP thing that might mean we can't compete in a bidding war.

Apart from anything else are Brizzle having a little pop at destabilising us just before we play them?

Comment

I think Wells will be gone probably to Bristol city as reported tonight .if not someone else, will be a shame he’s done well, but I think Burnley want him off their wagebill we’re probably only paying half of his wages,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  I think Wells will be gone probably to Bristol city as reported tonight .if not someone else, will be a shame he’s done well, but I think Burnley want him off their wagebill we’re probably only paying half of his wages,
                  Burnley can't sell him if he wont sign fir Brizzle because he wants to run his contract down. He'll get a much better deal himself if hes a free agent in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Burnley can't sell him if he wont sign fir Brizzle because he wants to run his contract down. He'll get a much better deal himself if hes a free agent in the summer
                    That maybe the case but then if he doesn't leave Burnley may insist on us paying all his wages which we probably cant afford, probably same with Hugill if West Ham decide they want shot

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

That maybe the case but then if he doesn't leave Burnley may insist on us paying all his wages which we probably cant afford, probably same with Hugill if West Ham decide they want shot
                      I very much doubt they can change the terms of the agreement like that. A recall option is one thing but a total renegotiation is quite another.

Comment

Don't think we will break the wage struct for anyone. We cannot upset the dressing room if one or two is getting twice as much.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          Don't think we will break the wage struct for anyone. We cannot upset the dressing room if one or two is getting twice as much.
                          Agreed. We are more likely to go for the Scotish striker who can develop further and have a resell value. I cant see us paying big wages for any player who wont have a resell value. I'd we signed Wells on a three deal in the summer hed be 33 at the end of the contract.

Comment

Although not the same money but we signed Cameron, Rangel (on new contracts) and Wallace this season so we are not adverse to signing players without a re sale value.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                              Although not the same money but we signed Cameron, Rangel (on new contracts) and Wallace this season so we are not adverse to signing players without a re sale value.
                              Yes, but a striker like Wells could command £25k plus if he joined a club as a free agent. I dont think we should get involved with that level of wages. The players would mention are probably within our wage cap.

Comment

Working...
                              X