Masterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterson

What do we think of this lad ? Looks to me like he’s a real prospect . Still got loads to learn , got rolled to easy by Bamford in the first half when he should have scored and looks like he might have been ball watching when Bamford nipped in behind him to win the penalty .There was a bit in the 2nd half when he ran the ball out from the back and won a free kick outside their box which was great to see and showed how comfortable he was with the ball at his feet .I think he would benefit from a loan somewhere to gain some experience as this is his first taste of 1st team football but given our centre back situation I doubt that will happen .Reminded me a bit of John Stones watching him yesterday.

Warbs saying he probably won't go out now.
    All transfer plans for a cb scrapped.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      Warbs saying he probably won't go out now.
      All transfer plans for a cb scrapped.
      I don’t mind that but we have to accept he will make mistakes and not get on his back .

Comment

Agree Stainrod.
        We must be more forgiving and patient.
        No players in the hoops these days are here for money or an easy ride.

Comment

I thought he played well. All our main CBs have been making, costly errors, mistakes and cockups all season... It's not like the bar is very high is it? Masterson seemed very solid and dominant at set-pieces and just looked like a proper rugged no-nonsense CB. Bit like BFG but with athleticism and pace. Given his lack of game time I thought he did very very well - a run in the team will really sharpen him up I reckon.

Comment

Reminds me of Ball in a way. Didn't expect much but upon seeing him play is exceeding my expectations. Looking another good find at the moment anyway.

Comment

Looks decent. Wouldn't compare him to ball. I think ball is extremely limited the only reason he gets a sniff of starting 11 is because we have Cameron ahead of him.
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We won’t go up or down so keep him and save the money until the summer when we know what’s happening with the likes of Eze and now BOS.

He looks decent and when BFG & Barbet return we have plenty of cover plus theirs Cameron.

Comment

We're in the turd polishing business and players need time to develop they skills and experience. Clearly there comes a point when you have to accept that some may not make the grade like Lumley. We cant afford the finished article.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                    We're in the turd polishing business and players need time to develop they skills and experience. Clearly there comes a point when you have to accept that some may not make the grade like Lumley. We cant afford the finished article.
                    Agree but the likes of Lumley , Eze and Chair all went out on loan first which must have helped their development. Masterson has only ever played reserve or u23 football , it’s a lot to ask of him to step straight in at this level .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Agree but the likes of Lumley , Eze and Chair all went out on loan first which must have helped their development. Masterson has only ever played reserve or u23 football , it’s a lot to ask of him to step straight in at this level .
                      Yes, but, no but.
                      Masterson has been given an opportunity due to injuries and he seems to be adapting very well. If we keep him we need to play him so he he gets game time. From what I saw yesterday I'd play him as an automatic CB because any mistakes would not result in our relegation now. If hes not going to an automatic CB by next season and him out on the summer. His progress seems to have ended our interest in McKenna.

Comment

If we aren't bringing in another CB this window which looks like we won't be, I would say keep him with the squad! We are thin at that position with recent injuries and as others have said we won't be going up or down, let him learn when called into the team, I would rather see him there than Cameron or Wallace!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

i thought his positional play was excellent won headers, ok v a physical preston id go BFG etc but he dropped off and took the ball on his chest then came out with it, we not had that in a long time.

ok he lost bamford who fluffed his lines but personally i think hall should of been closer to him to sweep up old style you miss i sweep up, as they only had 1 up top anyway.

All in all he looks decent prospect and looks like he's been coached well by someone and watching VVD at liverpooltrain must have some impact

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                            What do we think of this lad ? Looks to me like he’s a real prospect . Still got loads to learn , got rolled to easy by Bamford in the first half when he should have scored and looks like he might have been ball watching when Bamford nipped in behind him to win the penalty .There was a bit in the 2nd half when he ran the ball out from the back and won a free kick outside their box which was great to see and showed how comfortable he was with the ball at his feet .I think he would benefit from a loan somewhere to gain some experience as this is his first taste of 1st team football but given our centre back situation I doubt that will happen .Reminded me a bit of John Stones watching him yesterday.
                            I know he made a couple of errors, but overall I thought he had a good game and I would rather he stayed and benefitted from being in the QPR team to learn. It's not as if QPR are going to challenge for the top and shouldn't be slipping into a relegation dogfight.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              If we aren't bringing in another CB this window which looks like we won't be, I would say keep him with the squad! We are thin at that position with recent injuries and as others have said we won't be going up or down, let him learn when called into the team, I would rather see him there than Cameron or Wallace!
                              I should have quoted you in my earlier reply, as this is what I said to the fans sitting around me yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                              X