FFP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFP.

Can someone please explain in “Layman’s” terms why we seem to have been treated so different to other clubs regarding this, and how long is it going on for ? .
    Im hearing all sorts about other clubs, committing similar with no such punishment.
    Are our Lawyers still fighting for us and mentioning these other cases to try to get a reprieve for us ?
    Last edited by northampton rs; 17-01-2020, 08:13 PM.
    F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
    Can someone please explain in “Layman’s” terms why we seem to have been treated so different to other clubs regarding this, and how long is it going on for ? .
    Im hearing all sorts about other clubs, committing similar with no such punishment.
    Are our Lawyers still fighting for us and mentioning these other cases to try to get a reprieve for us ?
    No, our fight is done.

Comment

I asked the very same question on another thread earlier tonight...I just don't get why we're not using other penalties to argue that ours was too severe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

I asked the very same question on another thread earlier tonight...I just don't get why we're not using other penalties to argue that ours was too severe.
        Mostly because we've already tried that... and failed.

the rules were different (imo more unfair) when we transgressed, but, if we're being honest, we knew we were breaking the rules and while it would have been difficult not to break the rules, we didn't do half measures. We signed players on big wages when we knew we were already well over our limits.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

Mostly because we've already tried that... and failed.

the rules were different (imo more unfair) when we transgressed, but, if we're being honest, we knew we were breaking the rules and while it would have been difficult not to break the rules, we didn't do half measures. We signed players on big wages when we knew we were already well over our limits.
          We appealed BEFORE they started handing out "slapped wrists" for the same offence.

Comment

I personally think, the efl have given us their special treatment, because of the Faurlin saga
            They really wanted to stop us going up that season but knew they would look bad if they did.
            So got us this way instead
            You look at the punishments for these latest clubs, who have deliberately deceived them.
            A small points deduction, and then off you go.
            Us we're paying for the next 10 yrs
            #######s

Comment

They watered down the rules after we got nicked. I still get peeved when I think about it....
              We got promoted and spent 2 years in Prem and thus were in receipt of £200 million+ We duly spent that money on top tier players (don't laugh!) in order to make a fist of things in the top flight. You can't really sign ambitious players on 1year contracts so consequently we had a lot of players on Prem wages when we dropped back into the EFL and fell foul of the restrictions in place then.
              I reckon our situation directly caused the adjustment of the rules.... EFL realised that there had to be some leeway for clubs relegated from Prem, a period for them to offload their high earners and prune the wage bill cos it was unrealistic for a club to offload a whole squad of players in just a few months. But, despite this, they still pursued us under the old rules.
              What I now find irritating is the conscious and deliberate and flagrant actions of clubs who "sell" their Northern hovel stadia to their owners for ridiculously inflated money in a manifestly fake transaction to massage their balance sheets. This sort of chicanery should result in expulsion from the league.

Comment

Originally posted by abseits View Post
                they watered down the rules after we got nicked. I still get peeved when i think about it....
                We got promoted and spent 2 years in prem and thus were in receipt of £200 million+ we duly spent that money on top tier players (don't laugh!) in order to make a fist of things in the top flight. You can't really sign ambitious players on 1year contracts so consequently we had a lot of players on prem wages when we dropped back into the efl and fell foul of the restrictions in place then.
                I reckon our situation directly caused the adjustment of the rules.... Efl realised that there had to be some leeway for clubs relegated from prem, a period for them to offload their high earners and prune the wage bill cos it was unrealistic for a club to offload a whole squad of players in just a few months. But, despite this, they still pursued us under the old rules.
                What i now find irritating is the conscious and deliberate and flagrant actions of clubs who "sell" their northern hovel stadia to their owners for ridiculously inflated money in a manifestly fake transaction to massage their balance sheets. This sort of chicanery should result in expulsion from the league.
                bang on

Comment

Ok I’ve got a better understanding now, but I really think our case needs revisiting, as I said in my original post Why are our Lawyers not banging on some doors... It’s not a level playing field ATM .
                  Leeds/ Derby to name a few.
                  F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Ok I’ve got a better understanding now, but I really think our case needs revisiting, as I said in my original post Why are our Lawyers not banging on some doors... It’s not a level playing field ATM .
                    Leeds/ Derby to name a few.
                    Agree

Comment

Working...
                    X