Todd Kane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Kane

Generally speaking, I try to avoid ripping on our players and if I do, I try and be respectful about it, so hopefully I'm not gonna overstep the line here, but my Goodness I think Todd Kane is giving Bosingwa a run for his money as the worst right back we've had in the 2010's and onward, and Kane hasn't even been an absolute tool of a human being.

Just to give some context behind this, maybe it's a common opinion or maybe it's just me, I don't know, but every time he plays, the amount of space exposed behind him is ludicrous and more importantly, he is so slow to react to that, it's no wonder teams take advantage of it and we saw that yesterday.

Here's the heatmap of the left side of the Brentford attack (You can see the players who's heatmap I've selected. Notice how far forward they go on their left side.

LeftHeatMap.PNG

Lets now look at the heatmap that looks more at their right side attacks. Notice how far forward they get:

RightHeatMap.PNG
    They barely get forward on our left compared to our right and it's because Kane exposes so much space behind him.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of a right back we've had in recent times who's had such poor awareness and I can't. Bradley Orr, Luke Young, Nedum Onuoha, Jose Bosingwa, Danny Simpson, Mauricio Isla, Darnell Furlong. We really need to strengthen that aspect of our game because teams are really roasting us on our right side.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Good analysis Nas. Clearly the Bees saw TK as a weak link and exploited it.

As a whole I think he is doing OK, better going forwards than defensively. But we do need to strengthen in this area if we are to progress.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Generally speaking, I try to avoid ripping on our players and if I do, I try and be respectful about it, so hopefully I'm not gonna overstep the line here, but my Goodness I think Todd Kane is giving Bosingwa a run for his money as the worst right back we've had in the 2010's and onward, and Kane hasn't even been an absolute tool of a human being.

Just to give some context behind this, maybe it's a common opinion or maybe it's just me, I don't know, but every time he plays, the amount of space exposed behind him is ludicrous and more importantly, he is so slow to react to that, it's no wonder teams take advantage of it and we saw that yesterday.

Here's the heatmap of the left side of the Brentford attack (You can see the players who's heatmap I've selected. Notice how far forward they go on their left side.

LeftHeatMap.PNG

Lets now look at the heatmap that looks more at their right side attacks. Notice how far forward they get:

RightHeatMap.PNG
      They barely get forward on our left compared to our right and it's because Kane exposes so much space behind him.

Honestly, I'm trying to think of a right back we've had in recent times who's had such poor awareness and I can't. Bradley Orr, Luke Young, Nedum Onuoha, Jose Bosingwa, Danny Simpson, Mauricio Isla, Darnell Furlong. We really need to strengthen that aspect of our game because teams are really roasting us on our right side.
      There's an old saying there's no such thing as free lunch !! As you don't get any thing for nothing , yet we still think we can keep doing
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 13-01-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

There's an old saying there's no such thing as free lunch !! As you don't get any thing for nothing , yet we still we can
        To be fair, we have gotten many good free signings, including one Ebere Eze... I just think at his age and with his lack of career progression, there's a good reason for us to maybe have had more of a think about this signing and taking a massive hit just going with Kane and Rangel as our right backs... at least we have Cameron who can play there...
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

And we have Kakay who can play there also....
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

To be fair, we have gotten many good free signings, including one Ebere Eze... I just think at his age and with his lack of career progression, there's a good reason for us to maybe have had more of a think about this signing and taking a massive hit just going with Kane and Rangel as our right backs... at least we have Cameron who can play there...
            Yes we have got a the odd good free signing , but its few amongst many of our recent signings frees or fee's we we have spent on quantity where as Brentford did the reverse ! By the way there is no such thing as a free wages have to be paid , it's no good blaming the players they are only as good as they are , and it's about time our upstairs people realised we should sign what can take us forward rather than what available ie the likes of Borrowdale Gobern Perch to mention just three since relegation five years ago

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Yes we have got a the odd good free signing , but its few amongst many of our recent signings frees or fee's we we have spent on quantity where as Brentford did the reverse ! By the way there is no such thing as a free wages have to be paid , it's no good blaming the players they are only as good as they are , and it's about time our upstairs people realised we should sign what can take us forward rather than what available ie the likes of Borrowdale Gobern Perch to mention just three since relegation five years ago
              I thought Perch was great tbh, big part of that side because of his utility role. Todd Kane may be just a limited player stuck in a position he probably shouldn't be stuck in, but the player is still making very elementary mistakes that prove costly and he's not showing signs of learning from them.

Comment

Kane has been a huge disappointment as far as I am concerned.

QPR need to recruit better and should really be looking at Brentford's model. They seem to do well at finding players, selling them on for big fees and replacing them with equally good players to repeat the process, whilst all the time making progress on and off the pitch.

QPR have been gifting goals to the opponents all season thanks to the likes of Lumley and a dodgy defence. Kane is just one position that needs sorting out. Manning was good as a wing back earlier on but is not a left back and should be replaced by Wallace.

These two full back positions have leaked a lot of space and have been guilty of a lack of marking that have led to goals being conceded.

Comment

Bring Kakay back. He's probably on less wages than Kane.

Not saying Kakay is the answer but he cant be worse than Kane.

Comment

Kakay is already back I think. Was only on loan at Partick until this month and cannot see any mention of an extension.

Comment

Working...
                    X