No announcement yet.

Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overall a poor team performance, as for Lumley , shouldn't wear the shirt again
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Lumley was at fault for his poor clearance direct to a Brentford that led to a goal. Quite a bit of his kicking was wayward too. But, beyond that he was sound as could be expected for a GK playing behind a disjointed and lumbering defence.
      However, over the season Joe has made too many calamitous errors and has generally been too jittery and nervous when required to play out from the back.
      Obviously he's not a complete duffer..... He's tall and nimble and makes some good saves. I'm sure someone could cobble together a show-reel of his good saves, play and distribution. However, his tally of calamities and brainfarts is unacceptably long and renders all his good stuff pointless and redundant.

Comment

Was at fault for the 2nd goal , and could of come out and tried to punch 3rd

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
          overall a poor team performance, as for Lumley , shouldn't wear the shirt again
          he shouldn’t play for us again....he is truly dog shít

Comment

don't like criticising our players but someone who struggles to even kick a ball, I just find that totally unacceptable
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

How do we get this message to MW, who at least publicly keeps offering him a combo of praise and excuses?

Comment

Lumley is an easy scapegoat for all the keyboard warriors and people who know fck all about setting up a back 5

Comment

So all them mistakes (not just today) are the back 5 fault, not at all. Granted some are definitely defensive errors but the goalkeeper is absolutely f***** #### and adds 0 confidence to them. If your gonna argue otherwise granted your aloud an opinion but must be mad to see that the blokes rubbish. Theres 0 you can say to back this clown up, constantly making errors. Constantly making a fool of himself and needs replacing. There is no discussion.

Comment

Lumley needs to go out on loan for a season, needs to get confidence I'm sure there is a good keeper there, just that his confidence is shot, plus the defence in front of him is at best poor.
                    That probably does not give him any confidence anyway, as for people attacking him on his Twitter account is not on, how would they like someone doing it to them they would be the first to complain.
                    I agree either get another keeper in or give Kelly a chance this season is over for us anyway just need to get enough points to avoid the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Lumley is an easy scapegoat for all the keyboard warriors and people who know fck all about setting up a back 5
                      Continually making basic errors is what’s made him a scapegoat, the stats state that he has made 7 direct errors that have led to goals and how many indirect errors have there been god knows.

In my opinion the fans have been more than patient with him but as you well know patience wears thin eventually.....the time has come to move him out of the match day squad with a view to moving him out of the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                        Lumley needs to go out on loan for a season, needs to get confidence I'm sure there is a good keeper there, just that his confidence is shot, plus the defence in front of him is at best poor.
                        That probably does not give him any confidence anyway, as for people attacking him on his Twitter account is not on, how would they like someone doing it to them they would be the first to complain.
                        I agree either get another keeper in or give Kelly a chance this season is over for us anyway just need to get enough points to avoid the drop.
                        Fully agree, a huge part of being a good keeper is confidence. Joe's confidence is shot to pieces currently.

Due to the amount of abuse he got on Twitter yesterday, he has decided to delete his account.
                        I agree a loan in league 1 right now, would be best, as there is definitely a keeper in there, but until his confidence is built back up, and the back line becomes more settled, he is always going to struggle.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I don't like the fact that he got abuse on Twitter no matter how poor he has been but anyone in the public eye, athletes, actors, politicians etc must know when they sign up for a social media account that this is bound to happen!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Lumley was at fault for his poor clearance direct to a Brentford that led to a goal. Quite a bit of his kicking was wayward too. But, beyond that he was sound as could be expected for a GK playing behind a disjointed and lumbering defence.
                            However, over the season Joe has made too many calamitous errors and has generally been too jittery and nervous when required to play out from the back.
                            Obviously he's not a complete duffer..... He's tall and nimble and makes some good saves. I'm sure someone could cobble together a show-reel of his good saves, play and distribution. However, his tally of calamities and brainfarts is unacceptably long and renders all his good stuff pointless and redundant.
                            Well said.

So far this season imo Lumley has been at fault for goals against Bristol City, West Brom, Luton, Fulham, Hull, Cardiff & Brentford which I thi k have contributed to losing roughly 6 points.

Also, he does not inspire confidence in the defence, although the same can probably be said the other way round.

I would drop him and recall Dieng from his loan to replace him in the side. Failing that, give a game to Barnes and see if he fares any better.

Comment

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere or if I misheard things but my impression from TV build up was that Warburton said Lumley tweaked his neck in training yesterday (Friday) but in post-match interview Kelly said he was told Thursday he was playing. If I've got that right that's an unfortunate slip of the tongue and blows the "injury" cover story out of the water doesn't it?

Comment

Absolutely right Abs. I thought the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X