Time for Paul Smyth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for Paul Smyth

Get him back and give him a proper run in the side as a centre forward. Wells and now Hugill, who aren’t our players or our future, have showed in the last 2 games especially that they struggle to finish.

Smyth is a tidy player with pace to burn and has shown he can finish. Play him off Hugill or play Eze in behind him.

They do struggle at times but we are the second highest scoring team in the Championship. I think there are other issues that need addressing first.

Comment

He's Been injured

Comment

Not good enough at all, and he has been injured this season.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I have high hopes for him, can't wait to see him back in our team.

Comment

When he starts performing and scoring goals for Wycombe, he can be considered until then it’s all potential.I hope it works out for him with us but I have my doubts.

Comment

Why? We aren't going up and we aren't going down. What if we bring him back and he doesn't score for 3 games, do we drop him? Great for his confidence that. Let him have his season away - did Eze no harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                They do struggle at times but we are the second highest scoring team in the Championship. I think there are other issues that need addressing first.
                Agreed. Namely defending/formation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Get him back and give him a proper run in the side as a centre forward. Wells and now Hugill, who aren’t our players or our future, have showed in the last 2 games especially that they struggle to finish.

Smyth is a tidy player with pace to burn and has shown he can finish. Play him off Hugill or play Eze in behind him.
                  Second highest scorers in the Championship. Both on 9 goals each. Smyth injured.

Hmmm...

Comment

Earlier in the season we were out scoring our opponents but more recently we haven’t been, that’s why. He’s also our player and was only released before he was given a proper chance and was played mostly out wide.

Of course defence is priority and MW will be addressing those but it doesn’t mean we can’t discuss and look at our strikers does it!!??

Comment

Discuss fit strikers all you want but he has only managed to play 6 games for Wycombe this season and been subbed for all of them. Makes sense to collect loan money for a player who can't play anyway.

Comment

Wells and Hugs are both good strikers for this level. Do you think we could easily replace them with something better? Sort out the other areas and they will be fine.

They are both loans though so we do need to look at the longer term, I agree.

Comment

Working...
                        X