I stand corrected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I stand corrected

I'll be honest I wasn't confident going into today's game. We have been consistently inconsistent and playing as individuals rather than a cohesive unit. I'm being harsh but I don't think I'm alone in saying I was proved totally wrong by that performance today.

To a man we were exceptional. Not one player was off his game today. They were different gravy. Bright was absolutely magnificent. Not just in drawing fouls and terrorising their haggered looking defence, but defensively he got stuck in and really made a huge impact. Eze will grab the headlines but it was far from a one man show.

The ref had a shocker though. I know Hugill is one of those niggly types that gives as good as he gets, but how many times was he wrestled to the ground today? Onwards and upwards R'ssss. My daughters first game and she is hooked already!

Agree with everything you just said Exile.
    The real big win today, was your daughter having a very memorable (for the right reasons) first game.

My sons first game was back in Feb 2017, at home to Huddersfield, only good thing about that day, was Freeman coming on in the 2nd half and getting his first goal for us.
    Son now follows NFL and NBA
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I can trump that... My son's first match was the opener of the 2012/13 season....lost 5-0 at home to bloody Swansea. Shocker.

Luckily he's still a fan to this day, as is my daughter, but I feared the worst after that. I was absolutely gutted about his first game being such a let down moreso than the result itself.

Experienced Wembley since along with the rest of the ups and downs a QPR fan comes to expect.

Comment

It's definitely a special club. It's hard to sell it to the younger generation with the likes of the Premier league 'big boys' and the champions league...but the satisfaction you get from following the R's is second to none and days like yesterday just make it all the sweeter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_In_Exile View Post
          It's definitely a special club. It's hard to sell it to the younger generation with the likes of the Premier league 'big boys' and the champions league...but the satisfaction you get from following the R's is second to none and days like yesterday just make it all the sweeter.
          So many of my mates can't afford to take their kids to Chelsea , Spurs ,arsenal ... I say to them it's pointless following teams u only get to watch on sky

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post

So many of my mates can't afford to take their kids to Chelsea , Spurs ,arsenal ... I say to them it's pointless following teams u only get to watch on sky
            Spot on. I also reckon the Premier league is overrated. The championship is such a tough and competitive league. It's also great to see so many up and coming British talent...obviously we are seeing more of that at Chelsea now because of the ban, but those players all cut their teeth in the championship.

Comment

Glad you were pleasantly surprised.
              I suspect you were not alone!

Comment

Working...
              X