How do we stop the rot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we stop the rot?

Can't see anything but another defeat coming our way against Preston. Now the season has settled into a groove and the initial honeymoon period of new season impetus has up and left we can see exactly what we are. A team of misfits. We've got nobody out on the pitch that even attempts to take charge and lead from the front. Warburton has to set up with a completely different mindset tactically and play to the sum of our parts, truth is we are a below average side in arguably the most competitive league in the world.

Taking my daughter along on Saturday for her first Rangers game. Hopefully we'll show a bit of something.

I agree that we have come to grips with the reality that we are a middling team short of getting a veteran goalie and two solid CBs.

MW's strategy is now known by the rest of the league, and we are going to continue getting pounded with opposition goals unless we change our tactics to mirror our talent.

As for taking charge, wish Eze could be that guy -- he's so bloody exciting every time he touches the ball.

I'm okay being mid-table as long as I know we will not go easily into the night against anyone, that we will fight til the end.

This is where we hope MW can excel.

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger_In_Exile View Post
      Can't see anything but another defeat coming our way against Preston. Now the season has settled into a groove and the initial honeymoon period of new season impetus has up and left we can see exactly what we are. A team of misfits. We've got nobody out on the pitch that even attempts to take charge and lead from the front. Warburton has to set up with a completely different mindset tactically and play to the sum of our parts, truth is we are a below average side in arguably the most competitive league in the world.

Taking my daughter along on Saturday for her first Rangers game. Hopefully we'll show a bit of something.
      Sounds like she will have a cheerful day with you.

Comment

We have stopped the rot with a good draw at derby, negative post.

Comment

We will have ups and downs. We lack quality in some areas but also have some good players. We showed earlier in the season we can play good attacking football. Some of the fluidity has been lost coupled with being poor in defence and more goalie errors than you would expect.

Mid-table would be a good achievement given the extreme changes made. If we can strengthen a bit at the back still have potential for top half. I have a feeling a few of the players we have brought in will hit their stride and make a better contribution in the second half of the season. Some players hit the ground running, others take a bit of time to settle.

We played well at both Derby and Fulham which shows to me we have the potential to compete at the upper end and just lacking a little bit of something to turn competing into points. Bearing in mind our pre-season billing we should be getting obliterated at places like that. Forest at home dire but we are competing in most games. Frustrating at times yes but also promising signs.

Comment

Preston aren't actually any good at actual football- they're just adept at diving, falling over and conning refs. They're also fantastic at time-wasting and breaking up play with fake injuries if they get their noses ahead. They really are the pits.
            That said, if an armchair enthusiast like me can work them out, a decent coach should be able to too - we really ought to beat them.

Comment

We stop the Rot , by hard work , better finishing and tightening up at the back. We need to have a physical presence on the pitch and in midfield so Pugh , hugill and Cameron have to play

Comment

I agree Hugill is absolutely suited to bullying this lot. Don't get me wrong I know Preston are an average side but they have a knack of doing better than they should.

Comment

Same team as the Derby game should see them off.

Comment

We need to win soon,might not do it against Preston but have winnable games after that. I'm not sure what is defined as a rot,but no wins in the last 7 games and most of them defeats is a concern as we have slipped way down the league and want to avoid another relegation battle after such a promising start.

Comment

Preston are on a losing run so we need to take advantage

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        Preston are on a losing run so we need to take advantage
                        Don't worry, we can usually turn other teams losing streaks round.

Comment

Working...
                        X