No announcement yet.

Back Warburton!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worton you're good on games shows but this is not about fans backing Warburton, I think most really want him to be a success. What mark needs to do is back the players and stop making them play in a way that they unfortunately aren't technically good enough to do. He talks about doing basic things right, and yet gets them ####ing about at the back and having panic fits. We have a poor keeper 2 really poor centre halfa, hall not the same player and should never be a captain/leader you have to lead by example. These 3 players should just clear it. Getting rid of smith is an issue because we can't play out from defence as we just don't have players capable of doing it. Not rocket science why we never keep clean sheets. I really do worry about us this season.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I see the clowns are back out after about 4 months. No manager ever good enough for this club apparently. Let’s forget that half these players are not good enough for championship and we have a budget of someone selling the big issue. No manager can save us, people need to accept that. We should of been in League 1 for awhile now but we are not. Be happy about that

Comment

We are clearly missing Barbet, many criticises him but he is integral to MWs style of playing with his range of passing. Leistner is just too slow and brash to play this way, I’ve liked him but there is a reason MW wanted to move him on.

Comment

Rangel_Cameron_Barbet_Wallace

Might be slow but think they would be safer ?

Comment

MARK Warburton apologised to the QPR supporters and labelled the end to the game “unacceptable” as ten-man Rangers went down 4-0 at home to Nottingham Forest on Wednesday night.

Tobias Figueiredo gave the visitors the lead on 15 minutes, and things took a turn for the worst when Lee Wallace was dismissed five minutes after the restart.

The R’s showed their character as they searched for a leveller despite the numerical disadvantage but three goals in the final nine minutes made it a tough night for Warburton’s men.

“At 1-0 down with ten men and ten minutes to go we miss a big chance and it was a big moment in the game,” Warburton said.

“But from that point on it was unacceptable from us as a group of players and staff because we are all one team, we win together and lose together.

“From the 81st minute it was not QPR, we have given away three soft goals.

“The fact we went down to ten men is irrelevant - we didn’t win headers, didn’t win tackles and gave the ball away too cheaply."

Warburton apologised to the R's supporters, adding: “You have to enjoy the good moments but tonight is not acceptable. We weren’t good enough.

“I want to apologise to the fans, you don’t want to lose at home anyway but in that manner, it wasn’t acceptable.

“You can’t capitulate like that at home and concede three goals of that nature. We can praise the players when they are doing well but they must take the criticism when it comes their way.”

Comment

Warburton admits that the performance in the last ten minutes was unacceptable.

"If I'm honest, up until 81 minutes we were in the game," he said.

"Those fine margins, Nahki's chance, we're in the game. Up to 81 minutes, yes I would say absolutely (the result was harsh).

"From 81 to 91 minutes, no. That's unacceptable.

"Poor back-pass, missed header, not block the cross, childish goals, schoolboy goals.

"That's unacceptable. That's the first time this season I think as a group of players and staff, we're in it together, you have to put your hands up and say no, that's not good enough for QPR.

"Going down to ten men does not make up for or account for the last ten minutes.

"If I do a defending drill tomorrow and I do nine versus four, the nine won't score that many goals.

"The players are angry, I'm more than angry but the fact is talk is cheap. It's all about on the pitch.

"I'm the manager of the team, I take responsibility."

Rangers started the second half brightly but five minutes in the game changed dramatically when the referee sent Wallace straight off.

Warburton believes the red card was a harsh decision on his side and thinks they have suffered from questionable decisions a lot of late.

He added: "The red card, I've seen it. I thought was exceptionally harsh, it's a yellow card.

"First contact we should clear but Grant Hall was five feet away and it's close enough.

"Then I see a shocking foul on Ryan Manning seconds later that isn't a red card so you can imagine the frustration.

"The guy was two feet off the ground. I don't want to see anyone sent off but I'm not asking for a sending off, I'm just saying it's got to be an even playing field.

"But we were in the game, we had chances and lots of the ball.

"That's a really hard ask but from 50-80 minutes you saw some good football, lots of chances being created and we're in okay shape and I think we get a point out of the game at least."

Comment

Refund to all those that went then ???????????

Comment

Eze is not the answer. He's a luxury player who needs talent and grafters around him. I'm not digging him out, but it's ridiculous to suggest he can be a midfield general who can drag us out of this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    Don't understand his starting eleven just invited Forest to push up on us, why he went with one striker is beyond me.
                    Maybe he fancies Christmas with his family and a nice payday

Comment

Disappointing performance but no need to panic.

This is the test for Warburton. Can he pick up the pieces and get back on track? SM couldn't last season after things went wrong. Probably say the same for most if not all our managers since Warnock. I'll be interested to see how the next month goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                        It’s the first time tonight that I am questioning Warburton. I thought the tactics and line up were all wrong.
                        Agree. Why our only target man was on the bench for any game let alone at home simply defies belief.

Comment

Originally posted by supahupa10101 View Post
                          I see the clowns are back out after about 4 months. No manager ever good enough for this club apparently. Let’s forget that half these players are not good enough for championship and we have a budget of someone selling the big issue. No manager can save us, people need to accept that. We should of been in League 1 for awhile now but we are not. Be happy about that
                          That's a good attitude to have. Be grateful we are in the championship! Most of the teams in botyom half of the table know they might not have the best team based on ability but giving 100% and refusing to roll over are the minimum a lot of them will give. Can't see our lot doing that. Conceding 3 goals in ten mins at home is unacceptable. Not for the first time either.

Comment

I agree with op. The players are a f**kin disgrace, and they get off too lightly.
                            The manager is also to blame, but I'm sorry tier 2 footballers who can't pass to each other, who
                            can't make decisions during play?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                              Eze is not the answer. He's a luxury player who needs talent and grafters around him. I'm not digging him out, but it's ridiculous to suggest he can be a midfield general who can drag us out of this mess.
                              No one else currently on the club has Eze’s skills or ability to spark opportunity. No one. So short of getting in new players, for the time being Eze is our only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post

No one else currently on the club has Eze’s skills or ability to spark opportunity. No one. So short of getting in new players, for the time being Eze is our only option.
                                Eze is great on his day but his days are few and far between... Needs to demand the ball and work his socks off to get it back

Comment

Working...
                                X