Mold appearing on the bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mold appearing on the bread

I want to love this manager. He ticks boxes, intelligent likeable and respectful. However maybe too much the latter. I knew we would lose this game because Fulham do have a better squad, even without the top scorer who is premier league. However mark talks up Fulham like they're a champions league side. Come on mark reality check please. We've hit a losing rut, so we need to work on changing this mentality because with young players its all about confidence. I can't see an easy solution to sort this problem until Jan comes. He does need some investment as we leak goals far to easily. It's feeling like a potential maclaren performance unless he can change these results but I don't see it.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

We bossed most the first half so all that talk is to take pressure off. Bottom line is players didn’t score enough goals when on top. Even 2-0 up prob would have had the game won. Kane missed sitter, their defender off the post, eze should have shot after skinning 2. Then there’s chances when we are 2-1 down to get a respectable away point with wells.

Defensively we are shocking so rely on goals until January. It’s really that simple.

Comment

Hi, just browsing the forums approaching our game on Wednesday.

I posted this in the summer about Warburton:

Originally posted by NFFC fan View Post
      Hi guys, Forest fan here just to give you my thoughts on Warburton.

Very good coach, not a great manager - however, I think it's a good appointment for you guys. He will work well with a young team and on a budget, but depending on your expectations depends on how he will perform. He will thrive with little pressure but will give you concerns under pressure.

On his time at Forest, his approach was extremely brave. He came in during a relegation scrap with about 12 games (we really were on a downward spiral), he instantly made the side play from the back. A side that was full of non-technically gifted players and untested academy graduates - it was a seriously brave approach but almost kamakaze in such scenario. We ended up survivng by the skin of our teeth, about 2 goals in goal difference we stayed up on - so he got the job done and you have to admire his bravery.

In the summer new owners came in, and results over the next 6 months were really not that bad - but some things couldn't be ignored. He is a good talker (loves an excuse, you will find this out after 6 months) and wasn't really sacked for the results. His recruitment was terrible and his ability to work with others was zero (he's fell out with all 3 of his bosses so far in his career).

I don't know who his backroom staff are, but he noramlly has a close team consisting of David Weir & McParland. McParland, who operated as our Sporting Director in particular did a terrible job, Warburton spent his entire time here talking him up and telling us "he's the best in the business". He was the main reason things ended sour, as McParland fell out with the top brass at Forest and it left Warburton with nowhere to go. You really don't want McParland involved, because Warburton on his own is a good coach and is brave in his methods - but is let down on the day to day stuff and his inability to work with others.

But like I said, as a coach, he plays good football and gets the best out of players but cannot organise a defence or set pieces to save his life. I would certainly take Warburton ahead of Martin O'Neill who we currently have anyway! Good luck next season.
      Has it gone pretty much like this?

Just looking on paper it sounds very similar to how it went at Forest so far. Lots of goals for and against, either win or lose, not many draws, struggling with defending and set pieces but still achieving.

Comment

Didn’t read your post, assuming you’re questioning Warbs

i completely disagree. I don’t remember the last manager who successfully changed things, has games plans, a structure & all round great tactician

We’re punching above our weight with this squad (especially considering our defenders and goal keeper)

Warbs is a great fit for QPR, we are lucky to have him
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
          Didn’t read your post, assuming you’re questioning Warbs

i completely disagree. I don’t remember the last manager who successfully changed things, has games plans, a structure & all round great tactician

We’re punching above our weight with this squad (especially considering our defenders and goal keeper)

Warbs is a great fit for QPR, we are lucky to have him
          Totally agree 50k spent in summer all big earners moved on , which means club is in a much better place for the future . We are exciting to watch and score goals , we are being punished for individual errors which we need to cut out . Hopefully one or two new faces in January will help us in that respect.

Comment

We need to spend the rest of this season, and the summer transfer period, restructuring our defense. Lose the big, blocky, slow CBs in favor of Kakay, Niko and others with speed. Bring in a veteran goalie to quarterback the defense while teaching Dillon and the other youngsters behind him. Re-sign Wells, use Manning as trade bait to afford the new recruits. As for MW, we ask one thing moving forward: drop the defenseless excuses and tell us what's what. When Lumley once again gives away a game, stop sugar coating it. When we move the ball too slowly out of our back, tell fans this is something you're working to improve.

The best thing a manager of a young squad can give his players is confidence; the worse thing is to give them false confidence in the face of repeated mistakes.

Comment

Outrageous statement! Mold is a market town in North Wales. Warbs would have mould on him.

Comment

as all managers do he talks up oppo when we lose , lets face it if we'd put away our chances in the 1st half we'd have won the game .the defence main culprit lumley are not good enough to play 5 a side when pressured .. you can only play it out from the back if u are good enough and get away with it for 90 mins, we move the ball far to slowly allowing the oppo to get their shape... friday we should of hit it long to hugill in the last 10 and tried to pick up the loose balls , we've become far to predictable

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I want to love this manager. He ticks boxes, intelligent likeable and respectful. However maybe too much the latter. I knew we would lose this game because Fulham do have a better squad, even without the top scorer who is premier league. However mark talks up Fulham like they're a champions league side. Come on mark reality check please. We've hit a losing rut, so we need to work on changing this mentality because with young players its all about confidence. I can't see an easy solution to sort this problem until Jan comes. He does need some investment as we leak goals far to easily. It's feeling like a potential maclaren performance unless he can change these results but I don't see it.
                  We lost 2-1.wish we had the same financial clout as the fools.

Warbs is doing a good job with a very limited budget.

Stop moaning

Comment

it's Mould not Mold

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                      We bossed most the first half so all that talk is to take pressure off. Bottom line is players didn’t score enough goals when on top. Even 2-0 up prob would have had the game won. Kane missed sitter, their defender off the post, eze should have shot after skinning 2. Then there’s chances when we are 2-1 down to get a respectable away point with wells.

Defensively we are shocking so rely on goals until January. It’s really that simple.
                      This we need to score more, it helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

We lost 2-1.wish we had the same financial clout as the fools.

Warbs is doing a good job with a very limited budget.

Stop moaning

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          it's Mould not Mold
                          Thanks for the predictive text. I haven't done bad for a thicko living life of luxury.

Comment

Mold and mould are alternate spellings of the same word, which can refer to fungus or a container for molten liquid as a noun, or the act of shaping something as a verb. Sorry chaps but nice try. Croyd your education has let you down.

Comment

Originally posted by NFFC fan View Post
                              Hi, just browsing the forums approaching our game on Wednesday.

I posted this in the summer about Warburton:

Has it gone pretty much like this?

Just looking on paper it sounds very similar to how it went at Forest so far. Lots of goals for and against, either win or lose, not many draws, struggling with defending and set pieces but still achieving.
                              Yes, that's about the way I am seeing it too.

The squad was over achieving a few weeks ago, but QPR are not good enough to play their way out from the back and MW needs to see this and change his tactics so that they get the ball upfield a bit quicker.

Comment

Working...
                              X