Our system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our system

We're the second worst team in the Championship for conceding goals, and the only team in the Football League without ever registered a clean sheet. It is no use scoring if we keep conceding so many 'stupid' goals. Eventually, it will effect the players confidence and we will end up at wrong end of the table. I put our problem on the system we play. I know it is MW philosophy to play from the back. It's the modern way to play football. However, you need the right players to play. They need to be fast to recover, can play and dribble with the ball, be calm and concentrated and move around to open spaces. I am sorry to say that most of our defenders are nowhere near these credentials. We keep conceding two goals per game sums up these facts.
    We must adopt a different way to defend. Last season, although the football played was much worse then we're producing now, however, we managed 14 clean sheets! Every winning team must first ensure not to concede goals and then score the goals required. Both our keepers cannot play the ball the way good keepers do and there is that habit that someone will make that fatal mistake. Every time I watch the R's playing, I am always afraid of someone doing a blunder. I always end the game so frustrated.

It was working perfectly, earlier in the season..........same players

Comment

It's not exactly rocket science......... EVERYONE has sussed us out! We need more variety in our play and some other shapes, formations and in-games tactics to deploy.

Comment

Players need to know when to get rid of it ... Can't for the life of me understand why we need to play 6 passes across the box only for Lumley to hit it long . By then oppo are back in their shape and more often than not we lose the header and then the 2nd ball

Comment

MW has finally risked getting on the wrong side of fans by disclaiming or minimizing there’s any real problem here. We have two mediocre goalies who show little promise of improving, and CBs who are slow to pass and slow afoot. What happened to our pace, the kind that blew Luton out of the stadium earlier this season? I like MW, I really do, but I’m hopeful he discontinues the denials that they’re something seriously wrong here. In January, recruit speed on the back line, and recruit a veteran goalie who’s unafraid to play MW’s defensive scheme.

Comment

Our system is play bit of nice football get in front then gift a goal or 2

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
              MW has finally risked getting on the wrong side of fans by disclaiming or minimizing there’s any real problem here. We have two mediocre goalies who show little promise of improving, and CBs who are slow to pass and slow afoot. What happened to our pace, the kind that blew Luton out of the stadium earlier this season? I like MW, I really do, but I’m hopeful he discontinues the denials that they’re something seriously wrong here. In January, recruit speed on the back line, and recruit a veteran goalie who’s unafraid to play MW’s defensive scheme.
              I think he's aware, and I think thats why we looked at bringing in McKenna towards the end of the summer window (who's biggest asset is his pace). It wasn't long ago that Toni was frozen out of this side, I personally think hes a great CB and an asset to any team at this level. However, with the style we want to play he just doesnt fit the bill as he's just too slow. I think this is why we're seeing 5 at the back so much, its well documented Warburtons preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, but the 5 lets us rely on their pace a little less. If you look at the game against boro, we had 2 CB's out injured yet we still played 3 at the back? He's playing the system for a reason. I personally think we will go for a pacy centre-half with the cash spare from the summer window, and would like to see how we get on with one in the system. I think Warbuton has done a great job so far, but you can only work with what you've got and unfortunately some of those players (specifically the defence) just arent good enough for the system he wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

I think he's aware, and I think thats why we looked at bringing in McKenna towards the end of the summer window (who's biggest asset is his pace). It wasn't long ago that Toni was frozen out of this side, I personally think hes a great CB and an asset to any team at this level. However, with the style we want to play he just doesnt fit the bill as he's just too slow. I think this is why we're seeing 5 at the back so much, its well documented Warburtons preferred formation is 4-2-3-1, but the 5 lets us rely on their pace a little less. If you look at the game against boro, we had 2 CB's out injured yet we still played 3 at the back? He's playing the system for a reason. I personally think we will go for a pacy centre-half with the cash spare from the summer window, and would like to see how we get on with one in the system. I think Warbuton has done a great job so far, but you can only work with what you've got and unfortunately some of those players (specifically the defence) just arent good enough for the system he wants to play.
                Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                  It was working perfectly, earlier in the season..........same players
                  Not really perfectly, as QPR were still conceding goals and many of them sloppily.

I guess it is getting worse now because their confidence is draining.

Comment

Working...
                  X