Absolutely nothing has changed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely nothing has changed!

Thought I'd look at the table for this time last year after 15 games......

Today: p15 w7 d2 L6 F24 A28

Year Ago: p15 w7 d2 L6 F15 A19

Even the goal difference is the same!

Given last year we took 5 games to record a win I'd guess that at this point a year ago we were sort of on a roll and loving life under McClaren.

I reckon next 15 games need to match or better our record over first 15 games otherwise it'll be yet another season petering out into drabness and same old same old.

McLaren didn’t have to sell all the clubs major assets and replace them with kids and loans . Also the style of football is worlds apart .

Comment

We are a fickle bunch well some

Comment

last year up until boxing day we were quite a good team...despite our bad start

Comment

Until the stars realised they weren't getting their contracts renewed so in the New Year they downed tools knowing they'd be sold or released

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
            McLaren didn’t have to sell all the clubs major assets and replace them with kids and loans . Also the style of football is worlds apart .
            Spot on. Apples and oranges.

Comment

We've been brilliant and fun to watch this year.

Comment

Shall we revisit this conversation at the end of the season?

Comment

Would you have this team or last years ? No brainer for me.

Comment

Football much more enjoyable to watch under warburton

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                      Thought I'd look at the table for this time last year after 15 games......

Today: p15 w7 d2 L6 F24 A28

Year Ago: p15 w7 d2 L6 F15 A19

Even the goal difference is the same!

Given last year we took 5 games to record a win I'd guess that at this point a year ago we were sort of on a roll and loving life under McClaren.

I reckon next 15 games need to match or better our record over first 15 games otherwise it'll be yet another season petering out into drabness and same old same old.
                      No pleasing some people, get a life son

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                        This and This.

Comment

We are more than a little leaky but think we have done well this season. You have to bear in mind the major changes made pre-season and with only £50k spent. Was little short of a miracle. Football much more exciting than last season.

We have no right expect to be in the challenging pack. I would have been happy with lower mid-table but with evidence of a change in culture on and off the pitch with better things to come next season. Players actually seem to want to play for us. For the first time in years we have a manager who comes across as a proper manager you can take seriously. We have home grown players in the first team.

Yes we will lose some games between now and the end of the season and have our share of frustrations but overall things are good. Long may be continue.

Comment

Think this season is way better.
                            Just expectations need to be reigned in.
                            We are a mid/lower table side, enjoy the odd upset and football

Comment

Have the problems MB had when taken over, we should be sitting right at the bottom of the table. MB has been working a miracle, we build from here.

Comment

Working...
                              X