Wallace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wallace

Thought he was fantastic considering he has no game time for how long ? That tackle in the penalty area was timed perfect and drained my blood at the same time. A must start for me.

Manning not done much wrong so far probably one of our most consistent performers so far,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Manning not done much wrong so far probably one of our most consistent performers so far,
      Not saying he should replace Manning. I think Barbet will have a job getting his place back.

Comment

MARK Warburton has hailed the professionalism of experienced full-back Lee Wallace.

The 32-year-old joined the R’s from Scottish Premiership giants Rangers in the summer, having previously worked under Warburton at the Glasgow club.

Wallace began the season injured but, having got himself back fit, he was able to make his debut against Leeds United at the beginning of the month.

And Warburton is thrilled that the Scot is now able to feature on the pitch and revealed that his off-the-field contribution has been first class since the moment he moved south of the border.

“I know all about Lee Wallace,” the manager told www.qpr.co.uk. “He was my captain and I saw what an outstanding job he did up in Scotland and the esteem in which he was held by Glasgow Rangers supporters and his teammates as well.

“Lee came to me [a few weeks ago] and said that he was very embarrassed that he hadn’t been fit to play, which is ridiculous, but that is how he felt. I hope that we can all see the best of him now.

“He’s been patient and his chance came at a very tough venue, in Elland Road, against a very good team but I thought he stepped up to the plate and showed his quality on and off the ball and with his communication skills. It was a great performance for someone who has been out for so long.”

A large part of Wallace’s off-field involvement has been helping to guide midfielder-turned-defender Ryan Manning.

Irishman Manning has operated at left-back – Wallace’s primary position – since the end of last season. Warburton believes that Wallace’s willingness to help the man who is keeping him out of the team says everything about his character.

The manager said: “Him helping Ryan Manning is no surprise to me. I’m sure he’ll be keen to help all of our young players. He has played in some massive games; old firm matches and against England at Wembley for Scotland where gave a tremendous display.

“He is a seasoned international, a very experienced player and the type of character to pass on his knowledge and experience. That is vital for us.”

Comment

i'd consider moving Manning into midfield as he is better than Scowen and especially, Amos (who has yet to impress me - not that my view counts).

Comment

Working...
          X