Penalty my arrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty my arrs

O k Brentford deserved the win but how can football justify decisions like ? A definite straight red so blatant not even a good dive

Ref gonna look silly and be embarrassed when he sees the play back.

Comment

Refs don't give a damn , they get the money go home and don't give it a second thought

Comment

Still wouldn't have VAR though. I'd rather have a single ref in charge who will inevitably make the occasional ridiculous decision.....
        One thing, I do think they should retrospectively use TV footage to ban divers - there has to be some sort of come back or they'll just keep diving.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Still wouldn't have VAR though. I'd rather have a single ref in charge who will inevitably make the occasional ridiculous decision.....
          One thing, I do think they should retrospectively use TV footage to ban divers - there has to be some sort of come back or they'll just keep diving.
          Agreed knowing VAR it wouldn’t have overturned the ridiculous decision anyway but retrospectively they should go back and ban the player for 3 games. Don’t get why cheating to that level is acceptable and Sky didn’t help, Lee Hendrie was embarrassing with his avoidance to answer the question and then said no penalty. Should be condemning the player not avoiding it.

Comment

VAR would,ve given for the very very slight contact made

Comment

But "contact” shouldn't matter. It’s a contact sport. And usually the contact in the penalty area is actually the attacker going out of his way to touch the defender when it is not the natural thing to do and there is no need to. You could argue that’s a free kick to the defender because the attacker has kicked him.

But anyway, this is what the rules say:

“A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

So there is no free kick unless you are at least “careless”. “Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed”

The law is not saying it’s careless to leave your standing leg near an attacker as he might be a cheat (which seems to be the refs' interpretation), it’s saying you can’t blunder in and by mistake catch someone and expect to get away with it because you didn’t mean it (what the law probably means).

These are the things that may be an offence if you are careless, reckless etc.
              • charges
              • jumps at
              • kicks or attempts to kick
              • pushes
              • strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)
              • tackles or challenges
              • trips or attempts to trip
              So no mention of "makes contact with".

Contact is mentioned in this rule which looks like it was brought in to stop wrestling at corners:

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
              • holds an opponent
              • impedes an opponent with contact

Comment

It ceased being a contact sport ages ago. All you hear now is guff like "there was contact" or "he was entitled to go down" or my pet fave "I've seen them given". The fact that a supremely fit, athletic and balanced man goes head over heels because he was brushed with a finger seems to not enter the equation.

Comment

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/it...rce=snack-poll

Could we class it as a dive?

“Unfortunately, it looks likely.

Comment

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sn...s-view-on-var/

QPR boss Mark Warburton has claimed it will only be a matter of time before VAR is introduced in the Championship following the system’s debut in the Premier League this term.

Comment

Plus Watkins should of been sent off already being on a yellow decided to take his shirt off when he scored the 3rd rules are for everyone not just certain people

Comment

Working...
                      X