No announcement yet.

Scott McKenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will have dropped off the pace by January and mostly because we cannot defend.

Need some organisation in that back line with players who know how to defend. At times we are playing with 3 midfielders (or players who think they are midfielders) at the back which is simply suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by bradrangers View Post

Virgil Van Dijk??????

What's your point exactly...?? I didn't say no players come from the Scottish league and succeed. I said a defender looking good in that league is not a sure fire success down here in a better league, and therefore not necessarily worth a big fee.

All things are relative obviously and a fee the sort of amount being talked of isn't much if a prem side are sniffing around, but to us in our financial state, with modest incomings from Championship TV money, low crowds and a stadium that only generates money on match days, then it is a risk and with no guarantees of success maybe one too great.

The likes of Van Dijk aren't you're typical Scottish league players and they stand out as clear on a different level and are also performing in European competitions so can be scrutinised more as a result. Hence less of a risk as clearly better than that league standard.

Comment

Working...
      X