Scott McKenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott McKenna

Starting to make a lot of sense as to why Warbs was out to get him towards the end of the window. If we're there or there abouts come January, we should definitely look at bringing him in for the 2nd half of the season. We're crying out for a centre-back with a pit of pace, have done ever since we lost Ned. I really do think we're a defender or two away (and maybe a keeper) from challenging for promotion this season.

Honestly believe that if we had a Seaman, Smithies or similar we would be fine. Think Barbet is better than given credit for and BFG is an all action Centre Half, trouble is there seems no confidence in Keepers. Watched reaction of defenders on Tues and Saturday to the goals and to me said it all.

Comment

The Keepers could have been better but BFG and Barbet don't work as a unit together.

Comment

I really hope we go back in for him, if we had a better goalie and centre backs we could well be top of the league

Think McKenna will be to much £££££ though
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

This is a very important post. Everyone - you, me, Warbs, Les, Boris Johnson — know we are not adequate on defense and, if we hope to be playoff bound, need to bring in another CB and a veteran goalie.

Comment

I think Barbet and Leistner are good enough but only as part of a 3 man central defence. Hall is inured too much of the season to be counted on and Cameron is not really a centre half. I think if Masterson was good enough he woukd have been used already. So I think a new CB with pace is defeinitely needed in Jnauary.

If McKenna is an option (yes, he will cost money) then QPR should try and sign him, although I'd hate to see a player like Eze or Chair sold to finance this.

Comment

We had a bid of £3m turned down and so did Celtic who offered £5m. Seems a non-starter to me.

Comment

No player with a Scottish passport is worth over 6m and you only have to look at their international side who can lose to Moldova to tell you that. Let use common sense here. We definitely need a centre half with pace and we definitely need to open the cheque book if by Xmas we're there or thereabouts.
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'm very doubtful that any defender looking good in the Scottish league is such a sure fire success story if put in a far far better league. He may come at a significant price and prove to be bang average when up against much better players at a higher pace and intensity than in Scotland.

People say Masterson can't cut t when not tried yet, but this kid was put on the bench by Klopp in their Champions League Quarter final the other year and was about to get a break in and around the first team squad more regularly until hit by an injury. He must have something about him to have been rated by Klopp for a place on the bench in such a crucial game, regardless who else was out injured. His injury may have impacted his progress a fair bit, but lets be realistic, if he went to Scotland he'd no doubt be a shoe in for a team up there and probably make a name for himself similar to McKenna. So what's to say McKennas worth a big fee over and above what we already have...

Comment

Conor Washington has scored this season for Hearts, so that says a lot about defending up there.

At £3m it might have been worth it but doubt we have the money to go higher, and even if we did I wasn't want the club to. There must other decent CBs out there at the same age. Getting capped by Scotland hardly means millions will be added to his value. I would rather spend money on a proven keeper.

Comment

Leicester or Burnley`s fringe CB`s must be of interest for us? They are usually hard working players and knows what it takes to get promotion from this div.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        No player with a Scottish passport is worth over 6m and you only have to look at their international side who can lose to Moldova to tell you that. Let use common sense here. We definitely need a centre half with pace and we definitely need to open the cheque book if by Xmas we're there or thereabouts.
                        So, Kieran Tierney? Andy Robertson? Scott McTominay? Ryan Fraser? John McGinn? Aren't worth more than £6m? Mmmm.... Robertson is a European Cup holder and he's on course to win the EPL. Last season he was shortlisted for the best left back in Europe.

But apparently, he's not worth more than £6m. Right.

And I'm not sure where the Moldova thing came from. Did you pick them from a hat? Scotland have never lost to Moldova. Scotland's record against Iceland is played 6, won 6. How is England's record against Iceland?

As far as Scott McKenna goes, the transfer market in England is crazy, so yes, he's worth £6m. In the real world, though, he's worth about £2m.
                        Last edited by SlayerX; 04-11-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Alright Gordon calm down or your get even more sweaty!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Alright Gordon calm down or your get even more sweaty!
                            Ok, Nigel, will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                              I'm very doubtful that any defender looking good in the Scottish league is such a sure fire success story if put in a far far better league. He may come at a significant price and prove to be bang average when up against much better players at a higher pace and intensity than in Scotland.

People say Masterson can't cut t when not tried yet, but this kid was put on the bench by Klopp in their Champions League Quarter final the other year and was about to get a break in and around the first team squad more regularly until hit by an injury. He must have something about him to have been rated by Klopp for a place on the bench in such a crucial game, regardless who else was out injured. His injury may have impacted his progress a fair bit, but lets be realistic, if he went to Scotland he'd no doubt be a shoe in for a team up there and probably make a name for himself similar to McKenna. So what's to say McKennas worth a big fee over and above what we already have...
                              Virgil Van Dijk??????

Comment

Working...
                              X