Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Var,

Total crap,ruining football and still don't get decisions right

The premier league is afraid or not keen to overturn a refs decision or is justvusing it to look for a reason to disallow a goal. As pointed out on motd last night not a single penalty has been awarded using VAR and a ref has yet to go and look at the monitor for a view of something. They seem use it better on the continent.

Comment

Really is killing it Bill. I have always strived for correct decisions but this version of VAR is killing the atmosphere at games, with this stupid wait to kick off or take a penalty. Add to that it isn’t correcting wrong decisions such as Watford’s clear penalty at Spurs, so what is the point of it. Farcical.

Comment

Must be weird being at the game, your team scores but you can't really celebrate for a minute or more (by which time the spontaneous joy has long evaporated). I'd love it if after every goal the players and supporters just milled about in silence until the VAR verdict came through... If it was a goal, all could indulge in wild OTT celebrations just to emphasise the perversity of it all.
        I think TV created the so-called need for VAR by constantly dissecting every incident from 10 different angles in slo-mo..... they've reaped what they've sown. I therefore think it's ironic and hilarious that VAR is utterly destroying the "product" and ruining the viewing spectacle.

Comment

The only problem with VAR is the way the premier league have decided to use it .They are basically agreeing with every referee decision apart from handballs.It works good for offsides but they seem to have come to a decision before start of season not to over rule referees regardless of what happens.

Comment

Get rid, the uncertainty of human error is worth more than being afraid to spontaneously celebrate

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
              Get rid, the uncertainty of human error is worth more than being afraid to spontaneously celebrate
              This ..............
              Happened twice whilst watching England in Portugal,go mental when you score only to see two minutes later it chalked off, proper kick in the balls.

Comment

Welcome to the PL

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                  Total crap,ruining football and still don't get decisions right
                  Agree 100%
                  Don't actually want Rangers to join this sh*tfest at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    The only problem with VAR is the way the premier league have decided to use it .They are basically agreeing with every referee decision apart from handballs.It works good for offsides but they seem to have come to a decision before start of season not to over rule referees regardless of what happens.
                    They should be using it to help the refs, and if that means telling them they have missed something then so be it.
                    Not be afraid to over rule, ............######s

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                      Agreed. As i posted before, VAR has not overruled a penalty decision yet. There have been far too many penalty incidents that VAR has not worked as it does in other leagues that use it.

Was it a PL decision with the referees that they will not use VAR to overrule them?

I think the clubs should get together and produce a dvd of all these
                      ​​disputedd penalty claims and meet with the PL and refs to complain. If they are not going to award pens then VAR should not be used at all in the PL.

Comment

Working...
                      X