Clear All

Originally posted by QPRFCJIM View Post

Sorry babe.
    No problem
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I would like to fix the defence but above that, the thing I would fix the most is not being on Sky. We are worst than our defence is as soon as we are on TV. We go on nice little runs and then shoved on tv for things to collapse. Nice couple wins again and we know what happens when we are back on tv. So not being on tv will fix our team more than better defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
        We are all thrilled by what Warbs and the team have achieved thus far -- clearly the most exciting brand of football we've seen in years.

Now comes the selfish part -- we can actually compete for the playoffs this year IF we square away our defensive woes.

IMHO, we need to get two players in the window: (1) another CB -- clearly Grant Hall is going to remain injury-prone, attested by his nearly month-long absence of late, and we're not sure yet if Masterson can fill his boots; and (2) a veteran goalie -- wish either Kelly or Lumley could show promise, but it's hard to see either improving all that much -- Lumley still looks like he lacks confidence out there, and both he/Kelly rarely make a difficult save.

If we are truly playoff-calibre, we need to make one or both moves.
        But we are so so entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post

The facts are that there are only 2 teams who have conceded more than us and they are the bottom 2 clubs.
          Glass half full, there are also only two teams in the division who have scored more than us!!

Comment

Would be nice to have a rock solid defensive unit but for me I love the way things are, better to win 3-2 and shi t yourself a bit, watch some exciting forward play, than grind out 1-0 wins.

Comment

We have promotion level Goals For and relegation level Goals Against.... Glass is either half full or half empty. I suppose the sensible middle-ground thinking would be to accept that as it stands, conceding too many goals will probably put a big dent in our chances of a top 6 finish.
              We cannot keep needing to score 3 goals to win - it has to be sorted, particularly given that majority of goals we let in are a bit soft. Having a misguided gung-ho approach of "we don't care about conceding cos we'll outscore you" is just daft hubris that's doomed to failure in the long run.

Comment

It would be great to get better defensively but if you can score more than them, who cares !!?

Comment

We need to reshuffle our back line pronto. We have

Lee Wallace, Grant Hall, Geoff Cameron, Todd Kane, Dominic Ball,

Àngel Rangel, Conor Masterson, Yoann Barbet, Toni Leistner, Ryan Manning.

We must be able to find the best of them lot ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    We need to reshuffle our back line pronto. We have

Lee Wallace, Grant Hall, Geoff Cameron, Todd Kane, Dominic Ball,

Àngel Rangel, Conor Masterson, Yoann Barbet, Toni Leistner, Ryan Manning.

We must be able to find the best of them lot ?
                    If Hall and Wallace are ready, pair them with BFG in the middle; keep Rangel on the right wing and Manning on the left wing. In January bring Kakay back from loan to spell Rangel; Kane remains unimpressive. What we are doing now, who we are fielding now, is clearly not working.

And...if available in January...look for a veteran goalie. Lumley and Kelly are underwhelming.

Comment

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport...quad-1-6336423
                      Warburton reveals why Hall has been left out of squad

Comment

Never mind being fair to the players, although I do see his logic.
                        But how about being fair to the fans and simply playing his strongest team by picking the best players for the job in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Clint Hill ?
                          Richard Dunne. No pi**ing around playing passes across the box or trying to be flash in possession. Just did what he was supposed to do which was defend and lead by example. Something none of our current lot seem capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                            We are all thrilled by what Warbs and the team have achieved thus far -- clearly the most exciting brand of football we've seen in years.

Now comes the selfish part -- we can actually compete for the playoffs this year IF we square away our defensive woes.

IMHO, we need to get two players in the window: (1) another CB -- clearly Grant Hall is going to remain injury-prone, attested by his nearly month-long absence of late, and we're not sure yet if Masterson can fill his boots; and (2) a veteran goalie -- wish either Kelly or Lumley could show promise, but it's hard to see either improving all that much -- Lumley still looks like he lacks confidence out there, and both he/Kelly rarely make a difficult save.

If we are truly playoff-calibre, we need to make one or both moves.
                            If we bring in new top defenders that will imho mess up team spirit this team have special bonding I personally wouldn’t break they have conceded a lot of unnecessary goals I agree but they have also created from back in this team that is creating more chances than we’ve seen away from home in a long time.

Me personally wouldn’t change a thing we are where we are for a reason it’s not just about our forwards scoring it all starts from defence playing short passes from back but will be more prone to error would you rather keep lumping it out like most defenders we’ve seen at home for many a years?

I say keep playing same team that has got us here and continue to support them with the credit they deserve and I think we will have a great season.

Come you Rssss

Comment

Working...
                            X