Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prem teams

They need to leave our players alone in January
    if as soon as some of our players start attracting attention our team just gets cherry picked of all our
    best players, the board needs to keep this team
    together this season and see where it goes. I know
    its the nature of the beast but come on, I think
    we can grab a play off place if the board tells everyone else to f### off.

Yea agree but its that money stuff, would love to see Players stay because their enjoying the way things are going and the Football we are playing, fir crossed.

Comment

I can't see that any of our players would remotely interest any Prem club in January. The winter window is for panic buying..... They want proven players almost guaranteed to deliver instant results - nobody on our books fits that bill.
      If you read stuff saying Man City are after Lumley it's just fake news and often started by the player's agent or a tinpot site/publication desperate for exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
        I can't see that any of our players would remotely interest any Prem club in January. The winter window is for panic buying..... They want proven players almost guaranteed to deliver instant results - nobody on our books fits that bill.
        If you read stuff saying Man City are after Lumley it's just fake news and often started by the player's agent or a tinpot site/publication desperate for exposure.
        Totally agree, we don’t have anyone for prem clubs to be circling. I know Eze has been mentioned a few times but we don’t need to worry. We need to worry more about the bigger championship clubs coz they will get out players and not for much money. At least we prem clubs we can over sell a little. But championship clubs you can’t. For instance if we sold Eze to Leeds in January, I reckon it be for about £3 million (as we have a history of selling cheap) If Spurs come calling, we could bump it up a bit and have add ons etc as they are buying for the future

Comment

Personally think this year is a step too far, unless we go on another little run and pump some dosh in for a CB.

That said, i'd sell if the price is right and replace slowly and well and we could easily do a Burnley.

Comment

We had a history of selling cheap because we needed the money and the player's wage off the bill. This is no longer the case. Also most players have a one year contract extension so not running out. There is still a bit of money in the pot to buy rather than sell so I fully expect the defence to be strengthened rather than players going out.

Comment

this is the plan - buy cheap sell for profit - i fully expect that if any decent offer comes in for any of our squad they will be sold on. its they way we have always operated - apart from the last few years when we bought big and sold cheap.

we have traditionally been a selling club - not often getting it right..but that's the only way we can survive. we have very few other sources of major revenue.

- our attendances are not the type that can support a big and expensive squad - even this season with the team doing well and playing the most attractive football since the warnock promotion season - there are still loads of empty seats at LR.

Comment

If we are truly building for the future, we should be careful about off-loading young talent whenever it shows promise. That's one of the reasons why we are now inking contracts that include a club option to extend. With that said, the financial calculation seems rather straightforward here. If we look like we have a real shot at the playoffs by the end of December, keep the squad intact and add a hoss CB and/or proven goalie. If not, and we ponder selling Eze or Manning, hold out for a big offer. The fans would understand either going for $5m; they will be upset if we off-load cheap.

One final thought. The riches that come from a promotion would fund our new youth development program for years to come, even if we were only a one-year "visitor" in the Premier Division. This squad seems to have real potential to get there, especially if we bolster our defense in the window.

Comment

Working...
                X