financial situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• financial situation

well documented we have massively rich owners but are we still under. FFP or anything? can we start spending theoreticallyin jan? JN

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
    well documented we have massively rich owners but are we still under. FFP or anything? can we start spending theoreticallyin jan? JN
    no

Comment

I'm sure we can, just what's the point?
      The ######s efl will only come down on us again, as we made them
      look stupid of the Faurlin affair.
      This is all revenge for that

Comment

It is weird having rich owners but they're not allowed to put their hand in their pockets. If all clubs adhered to rules I wouldn't mind but it seems FFP only gets rigourously applied when it suits EFL.
        Naming stadium KPF is very laudible but maybe calling it the Mittal Steel Stadium for £40000000 would have been a nice reposte to league for their fine?
        One thing, splashing the cash has always worked out disastrously for us, right back to when we paid £2000000 for John Spencer. Maybe we're not meant to be rolling in cash?

Comment

Yes, we can spend a substantial amount in January.
          I do not think we will spend massively, but if the club wanted it could spend £5m on transfer fees as long as the players had long contracts.

From next season onward we have much more room for spending as the dire 2017/2018 season drops out of the three year running FFP calculation.

Comment

Whether we can or not I reckon the directors have got their hands burnt. I'm loving the way we're picking up good young players that have been discarded by the bug guns.

It's the way forward and a model that is great fun.

The days of bringing in the likes of Barton and SWP have gone, even if we do get back to the premiership.

Players to want to be on the up rather than those on the down is great

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
              Odd thread.

Surely everyone is aware that FFP is FFP now, it hasn't vanished over night after our fine. We are where we are, you can only lose X amount of money per year / over 3 years to be compliant.

I'd suggest though we're in a better position than we have been for years, but that helps that the football is half decent right now.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Odd thread.

Surely everyone is aware that FFP is FFP now, it hasn't vanished over night after our fine. We are where we are, you can only lose X amount of money per year / over 3 years to be compliant.

I'd suggest though we're in a better position than we have been for years, but that helps that the football is half decent right now.
                Even with a squad on lower wages I would guess we'd still need to bring in £5m in transfer money a season to break even. Even with the new sky money I doubt if turnover will exceed £20m a season.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Even with a squad on lower wages I would guess we'd still need to bring in £5m in transfer money a season to break even. Even with the new sky money I doubt if turnover will exceed £20m a season.
                  Breaking even is good though, we can still lose 'some' money each year. We've brought in lots this summer..

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                    It is weird having rich owners but they're not allowed to put their hand in their pockets. If all clubs adhered to rules I wouldn't mind but it seems FFP only gets rigourously applied when it suits EFL.
                    Naming stadium KPF is very laudible but maybe calling it the Mittal Steel Stadium for £40000000 would have been a nice reposte to league for their fine?
                    One thing, splashing the cash has always worked out disastrously for us, right back to when we paid £2000000 for John Spencer. Maybe we're not meant to be rolling in cash?
                    'Tis true, although Ned Zelic & Mark Hately preceded John Spencer - Ray Wilkins really did blow the money from the sale of Super Les...

Comment

We haven't really brought in lots this summer what we did was cut our losses by lots. It doesn't matter how rich our owners are they will not want to continually bail us out. The permitted loss under FFP is £39m over a 3 year period. We should have got this down to a £5m loss per season after last summers clear out but it is still coming out of someones pocket.
                      There will be a lot of clubs though envious of our financial position. Look at the likes of Nottingham Hoovers with over 40 first team players on their books.

Comment

Working...
                      X