Wells would sign if offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wells would sign if offered

WLS article reporting Wells would sign permanently if offered.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

I'd offer him a 2 year deal. 30 next year, so might be able to get reduced wages, not sure the Prem is in his grasp now either. Certainly not unless we go up..

Comment

He has an average of 87 min of game time per goal scored, much better ratio than any of the other championship players at the top of the scoring charts this season:

Championship top scorers. Showing assists, time on pitch and the shots on and off target.

Comment

If he signs a contract based on goals and not per 'you know' I'd be more than happy
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'd snap him up. We don't have any notable strikers on the books, only loans. Makes us too dependent on loans and particularly as we are now an attacking outfit vulnerable.

He has shown he can be very good in this division if played in right style of team and shown some confidence.

Comment

But would he be good enough for us in the premier league next season?

Comment

I'm sorry but that article is twaddle. He'll go wherever the best deal is. Unfortunately we are pretty impoverished and dozens of clubs could wave a far more lucrative contract at him then we could. If we put a £2mil contract on the table but 10 other clubs put £4mil in front of him he's not staying here is he? I'm not being cynical or having a go at him - I'm simply being realistic and expecting him to maximise his earnings for the sake of his young family.
              Maybe if there was not much difference in the various options in front of him it'd suit him to stay here but I just don't see us getting close to what others would pay. Perversely, the better he does for us this season the more his stock rises and the more out of our reach he gets.... Infuriating innit!?
              I suppose there's a dream scenario where his goals shoot us to promotion and we can then afford to sign him up.

Comment

FFP is hitting every club in this division without parachute payments. We have tightened our belts early the rest , that haven't already, will follow pretty quickly.

Comment

Yeah but our crowds are League One level.... Even on a supposed level FFP playing field our gate money is gonna be half that of many other clubs in this division and we're paying that fine off to tune of £2mil per annum as well aren't we? Stark fact is we must be in bottom 4/5 clubs in the division in terms of disposable income..... I'm actually staggered how we managed to get Wells and Hugill even on loan.

Comment

FFP fine is not counted towards FFP. It is also about gate money. Most Northern clubs charge a lot less for tickets. Our owners are pretty rich and can afford the full allowance for FFP losses.

Comment

I thought the fine was being paid by the owners?

Comment

None of it makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                          I'm sorry but that article is twaddle. He'll go wherever the best deal is. Unfortunately we are pretty impoverished and dozens of clubs could wave a far more lucrative contract at him then we could. If we put a £2mil contract on the table but 10 other clubs put £4mil in front of him he's not staying here is he? I'm not being cynical or having a go at him - I'm simply being realistic and expecting him to maximise his earnings for the sake of his young family.
                          Or he might simply go to a club where he enjoys playing football.

These players are wealthy enough already to live a life when the football finishes and even then they will get more dough by getting into coaching, punditry, management, etc.

There are many money grabbers out there but don't underestimate how important it is for a player to WANT to turn up at a club everyday.

Comment

if he is willing to sign a deal were it offered, then yes, I would be happy with that.

Comment

Working...
                            X