Matt Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Phillips

Was nice to see Austin and Furlong get a good reception but I don't understand why Matt Phillips got grief from our lot. He had a good spell with us. Moved to a bigger club (at the time) and we got a Feb bob for it so why the boos?

Because he was lazy , and if he didn't fancy it he didn't turn up

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      Because he was lazy , and if he didn't fancy it he didn't turn up
      True, but so were many of his team mates. When he turned up he put in good performances snd hid stats for goals & assists were better than his other attacking team mates.

I don't think he deserves the booing treatment he gets.

Going back to the cheers for Austin, he got louder cheers than any of the QPR players did yesterday.

Comment

He's a ####. He hugely underperformed whilst with us and seemed to deliberately play with the least amount of effort and application he could get away with. Basically he was stealing a living the whole time he was with us. I admit he's not the worst example we've had and perhaps the fact we've had literally dozens of these money-grabbing shysters in recent years some people think its normal or par for the course. I don't subscribe to that view though and I feel Phillips got off lightly yesterday and deserved more bile and venom from the stands.

Comment

Phillips lack of effort in lots of games was there to see , he'd stand out on the line watching the game pass him by , why wasn't he demanding the the ball why because that takes heart , desire and passion Phillips lacks all of these qualities

Comment

Might have something to do with him celebrating like he'd won the world cup when he scored against us in a previous game.

Comment

Working...
            X