Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question after today's game.........

What do we think of young Furlong now?

Looked more than good enough to me today.
    Has gone to a better team and walked into the starting 11.
    Don't think he was as bad as some Rangers fans think

he was never as bad as some liked to make out.

but today was an easy game for him - our play seemed to be all over the other side - through Kane who was having a mare - Manning had very little of the ball going forward.

when he got the early booking i though we would target him more but it never materialised.

easy return to HQ for him

Comment

Never got the slagging off he got. Very capable player who should be wearing the hoops.

Our loss for sure.

Comment

I think most of us rated him and were sorry to see him go. Unfortunately finances dictated he went.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

but today was an easy game for him - our play seemed to be all over the other side - through Kane who was having a mare - Manning had very little of the ball going forward.

when he got the early booking i though we would target him more but it never materialised.

Kane didn't have a mare!..He was on his own out there and never had an outlet...not his greatest game but he needed players around him.

Comment

He was a decent right back but I thought he was fed up and wanted to play CB. So, he left us to play RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post

Kane didn't have a mare!..He was on his own out there and never had an outlet...not his greatest game but he needed players around him.
              I thought the same. There was occasions where he picked the ball up and was looking for the pass and I said to myself is anyone gonna help him ffs. He was isolated a lot.

He did struggle to beat his man down that side though all game.

Comment

Kane had a poor game, imho, but Furlong is surrounded by multi million pound midfield players... not young talented hopefuls learning their craft

Comment

Originally posted by Hope & Faith View Post
                  Kane had a poor game, imho, but Furlong is surrounded by multi million pound midfield players... not young talented hopefuls learning their craft
                  Yep everything is a step up for him. Don't get me wrong I wanted him to get an OG . I wanted the other two
                  to get red cards, QPR is my team bigger than all players.

Comment

one thing is sure i am glad we didn't re- sign Charlie - he looks shot!

Comment

Wasn't like he used to be with us, Bilic reckons he's not had a proper pre-season and is getting
                      back to his best now

Comment

Furlong imo tried hard y'day because he has a good chance of promotion , saw him give up the chase more than once last season and go thru the motions as he knew we safe and wasn't prepared to bust a gut

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

I totally agree with your last sentence and was surprised and even a bit piŁŁed off that BOS was not played out on the left when he came on as a sub.

I also agree about Kane and just could not understand why ge didn't use his pace expecially when there was so much of the pitch for him to knock the ball past the left back and get to a good attacking position.

Comment

Thought we gave him an easy afternoon to be honest. Didn't really get at him more than once of any note.

Comment

Working...
                            X