No announcement yet.

Darnell Furlong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he played for us he just didn't look good enough. I'm not sure why. He scored on Sunday for WBA and Phillips got a brace...Saturday will be a tasty game!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
      Furlong had a good attitude and was tenacious, but in my view was simply not good enough. His skill and reading of the game just wasn't up to scratch. I think we made the right choice moving him on and do hope it works out for him. I think one of the problems was we kept referring to him as a 'prospect' he needed to move out of that mindset.
      Exactly, it's an opinion based sport.

For me, he is good enough and is settling into a good team and being able to do 'his' thing. He'll have a great season with Matty P on his side.

Comment

I watched furlong give up the chase last season on a player in his 30's . He can't be unfit at his age he just gave up ....glad we got rid , terrible positional play

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Exactly, it's an opinion based sport.

For me, he is good enough and is settling into a good team and being able to do 'his' thing. He'll have a great season with Matty P on his side.
          I think you gave a good explanation in your other post. It's about how a player fits into a system. I'm not going to write off Furlong, he's only 23 and may have done better in our current squad, but who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post

I think you gave a good explanation in your other post. It's about how a player fits into a system. I'm not going to write off Furlong, he's only 23 and may have done better in our current squad, but who knows?
            Yep I did, this post made me raise it to be honest.

Bidwell is the same, I saw a good player in him to. He wasnt capatain for so many years at Brentford for no reason.

Comment

Not sure about the rest of you but I rated him, same with the BFG who couldn't get a game.

Comment

He was not very good and we did well to get reasonable money for him. I think his debut full game at Hull was the most inept performance I've ever seen by a QPR player. I hope he plays on Saturday cos he will not cause us any problems and he's useless at defending/snuffing out danger.
                I mean him no malice or ill-will - he's a likeable and honest lad but we now have better more solid players on the right. He'll be in Manning's pocket all game.

Comment

I went to derby away a few seasons back in a nite game .... We had furs RB he was out of his depth , out of position and out of breath most of the nite , we lost

Comment

Decent player - but come on, this is one good appearance in how many, against the worst team in the league! Feel like we’ve done good business in that area, and if he does push on for WBA then I’m sure we’ve got a sell on clause in there.

Comment

Always thought his best position was centre back, played well there. as a right back thought he was caught out of position quite a bit

Comment

Better CB than RB. Hope we are smart enough to expose his lack of positional sense at Full Back on sat.

Comment

hope he gets a good welcome along with charlie - phillips however....

Comment

Working...
                          X