• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not dull just realistic know it all

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

I think its you that does not get it.

The difference between us and your exsmple Brentford is the world and their uncle know we are skint whereas Brentford are not.

i really dont give a toss what think so jog on
      Ok here goes , if we hadn’t triggered these extensions the players could have left this summer for nothing . We have now protected 2 assets and can demand higher fees by saying these players are under contract.Our ffp situation will have run its 3 year course so we will no longer be as skint as you make out . Players will always want to play at a higher level and so they should , it’s about getting the best price . We are not in the same situation as when we sold Smithies , Freeman , Luongo , Furlong etc. as we were desperate to get them off the wage bill .

Comment

Let me try to get this.

The world and his uncle know we are skint.

Club A want one of our players knowing he is coming to the end of his contract and put in a low bid knowing we'll have to accept it as we're desperate for the money.

But what if Club B also wants that player?

Do they step aside knowing Club A has already bid? Or do they too put in a low bid not knowing that Club A has bid?

How does the QPR Board react?

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
          Let me try to get this.

Club A want one of our players knowing he is coming to the end of his contract and put in a low bid knowing we'll have to accept it as we're desperate for the money.

Do they step aside knowing Club A has already bid? Or do they too put in a low bid not knowing that Club A has bid?

Depends on the club or clubs bidding and wages and the players preferred destination.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Ok here goes , if we hadn’t triggered these extensions the players could have left this summer for nothing . We have now protected 2 assets and can demand higher fees by saying these players are under contract.Our ffp situation will have run its 3 year course so we will no longer be as skint as you make out . Players will always want to play at a higher level and so they should , it’s about getting the best price . We are not in the same situation as when we sold Smithies , Freeman , Luongo , Furlong etc. as we were desperate to get them off the wage bill .
            Your opinion certainly not mine

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post
              Let me try to get this.

Players are under contract until summer 2021 , we can turn down bids for a while until we feel it’s fair . We are no longer under strict ffp restrictions from this summer , so the skint tag isn’t really relevant.

Comment

Your opinion certainly not mine
                Didn’t think it would be .

Comment

Its also about the commodity,the player if he wants to go for better wages he will go and clubs know this so our negotiating position is far from strong.
                  Yes, unless two clubs get into a bidding war. This is unlikely though because prem clubs will view championship players as a gamble. In the same way as we do picking paying money for L1 players - Washington. Players have to be a rare talent to get the £20m plus out of just one club who wants to buy.

our best hope of big money is the add ons and percentage of any sell on fee.

Comment

Players have a market value.
                    If a prem club wants any of our players, they know the price they have to meet.
                    ​They also know they won't be alone in wanting those players.
                    If they don't come up with a good offer we will accept, another one could, so if they want the player they will want exclusive rights to talk to him.
                    And my other point, they are awash with dosh, £20 mill for an under 23 player and bench warmer is, like £250k to our club.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      And my other point, they are awash with dosh, £20 mill for an under 23 player and bench warmer is, like £250k to our club.
                      Come on Dave, surely you dont think we have £250k spare to buy a player and then cover wages without selling first?

My understanding of the situation is that with FFP we are right up to the limit just on wages alone. If there's spare money to spend on transfer fees the back of that sofa must be enormous!

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Come on Dave, surely you dont think we have £250k spare to buy a player and then cover wages without selling first?

My understanding of the situation is that with FFP we are right up to the limit just on wages alone. If there's spare money to spend on transfer fees the back of that sofa must be enormous!
                        Sorry mate I was living in the past again!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Sorry mate I was living in the past again!!
                          I know, we once spent £2.7m on Mike Sheron

Comment

No we are not right up to our limit on FFP. What we have done, as it doesn't look as we are going up or down and the share out is the same regardless of final position, is to give us some leeway in the summer. is gi

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

I know, we once spent £2.7m on Mike Sheron
                              God don't remind me

Comment

This thread really sums up why the board are damned if they do and damned if they don’t ! They cannot win either way, criticised for doing exactly what they should be doing, following a sustainable model to buy cheap and sell for more. It’s what we should have been doing but stopped doing many years ago. Unfortunately though football fans are impatient and in many ways defie the meaning of fan / supporter.......should be QPR critic instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X