Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Les - We'd like to offer you a contract to 2023

Bright - My Agent has told me I can get a better deal with a premiership club if I only stay until 2021. Thanks though. If there's no interest in me from bigger clubs I'll let you know.

Les - We can increase your wages by £3k a week

Bright - I'm good for now because my Agent reckons I can get £35k a week next year, can you offer me that?

Les - We cant offer you more than £15k s week right now

Bright - Olay, let's just keep it to 2021 on my current deal for now and lets see how it goes next season and what interest there is from other clubs
    That numpty still won’t get it Sheep , don’t matter how many times you explain it .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
      That numpty still won’t get it Sheep , don’t matter how many times you explain it .
      You're right

We are a football club open to all to support us - there are no IQ requirements

Comment

Manning was absolute crepe until he was changed to WB this year and did not deserve a long term contract. Samuel, if he left now, would end up like Freeman rotting on the bench at some Prem club unable to even get a loan back to a Championship club. Eze is possibly the only one who could make it in the Prem at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Manning was absolute crepe until he was changed to WB this year and did not deserve a long term contract. Samuel, if he left now, would end up like Freeman rotting on the bench at some Prem club unable to even get a loan back to a Championship club. Eze is possibly the only one who could make it in the Prem at the moment.
          Money talks , agents would have been in their ears telling them they can treble wages , game time will be the least of their worries.

Comment

Contracts mean nothing anyway,Eze and Bos going spuds in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              Contracts mean nothing anyway,Eze and Bos going spuds in the summer
              Contracts do mean something, the longer the contract the more the club holds the cards in transfer negotiations. We know they will leave at some point but we want them to leave on our terms.

Comment

Not us,we are skint and potetial buyers know this so we are on the backfoot before we start.

If player wants to go and say get a 10k rise what could we do to stop him.

What would you do?

Comment

Not us,we are skint and potetial buyers know this so we are on the backfoot before we start.

What would you do?
                  We all know they will be moving but there will be numerous clubs chasing these players that can only push the price up .We can’t pay what premier league clubs pay and that’s a fact . We all want the so called Brentford model , well this is it .

Comment

What would you do?
                    Hope another club is interested so the price gets pushed up to a true value. If the offer is rubbish we have the option to keep the player and try for promotion knowing they will leave for free at the end of the contract. If only one club want a player of ours with only one year left on their deal the value of the fee will be less. If we need the cash to meet FFP we sell and hope for a good sell on percentage and look at what's coming through to replace them in the U23s.

Comment

I'm just pleased we have some young exciting players to watch and they have value to other clubs potentially, I think we have to trust the board to do what's right, that's what they are paid to do and I suspect they know the best plan better than any of us! There's nothing wrong with a good discussion on what we think is the best strategy with these players and their contracts but there is so much we really don't know!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

We all know they will be moving but there will be numerous clubs chasing these players that can only push the price up .We can’t pay what premier league clubs pay and that’s a fact . We all want the so called Brentford model , well this is it .
                        So contracts mean nothing go on admit it.

Fact remains we are skint

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          I'm just pleased we have some young exciting players to watch and they have value to other clubs potentially, I think we have to trust the board to do what's right, that's what they are paid to do and I suspect they know the best plan better than any of us! There's nothing wrong with a good discussion on what we think is the best strategy with these players and their contracts but there is so much we really don't know!
                          Agree but it seems we can’t pay Manning and Bos what they want if we could they would have signed longer contracts. Only option club had was to trigger the 1 year extensions which protects them as sellable assets for a bit longer . As depressing as it sounds this is normal for Brentford and others and what we should have been doing for years.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Hope another club is interested so the price gets pushed up to a true value. If the offer is rubbish we have the option to keep the player and try for promotion knowing they will leave for free at the end of the contract. If only one club want a player of ours with only one year left on their deal the value of the fee will be less. If we need the cash to meet FFP we sell and hope for a good sell on percentage and look at what's coming through to replace them in the U23s.
                            Its also about the commodity,the player if he wants to go for better wages he will go and clubs know this so our negotiating position is far from strong.

Comment

So contracts mean nothing go on admit it.

Fact remains we are skint
                              Mate you are as dull as the QPR poster , you just don’t get it do you .

Comment

Mate you are as dull as the QPR poster , you just don’t get it do you .
                                I think its you that does not get it.

The difference between us and your exsmple Brentford is the world and their uncle know we are skint whereas Brentford are not.

i really dont give a toss what think so jog on

Comment

Working...
                                X