Stay Unbeaten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay Unbeaten

It's really still too early to tell how good this team is, and we had a similar situation last year where we had a good run which to b honest 'kept us up'. So I'm not suggesting we're in for a good season, but remaining unbeaten this weekend could really show some further intent.

People suggesting WBA aren't top so who cares about them not losing yet, but personally feel thats a very good start from them.

Losing to Swansea and City arent't on paper bad results tbh.

First season in many that we have two very capable forwards and options in midfield and out wide.

I said from the start of the season we'd be comfortable with 67 points and I'm sticking to it. If this team isn't better than the squad Ollie had which achieved 53-56 points something is wrong.

I'm maintaining a 67 finish and the play offs at a push with 75, although I think we'll come slightly short of that.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
      First season in many that we have two very capable forwards and options in midfield and out wide.

I said from the start of the season we'd be comfortable with 67 points and I'm sticking to it. If this team isn't better than the squad Ollie had which achieved 53-56 points something is wrong.

I'm maintaining a 67 finish and the play offs at a push with 75, although I think we'll come slightly short of that.
      We've got relatively good depth this year, which perhaps plays a big part in that. Plus, new squad and togetherness also goes in favour when calliong out the 'need time to click'.

But you're right, I think 60-65 points is achievable...

Comment

It's about time we won at millwall , they're a physical team that will put it about , then on to wba win them both and we can expect lay off chasing team

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
          It's really still too early to tell how good this team is, and we had a similar situation last year where we had a good run which to b honest 'kept us up'. So I'm not suggesting we're in for a good season, but remaining unbeaten this weekend could really show some further intent.

People suggesting WBA aren't top so who cares about them not losing yet, but personally feel thats a very good start from them.

Losing to Swansea and City arent't on paper bad results tbh.
          errrrmmm... we're not playing wba this weekend. we're playing millwall.

but yeah, would be good to keep being unbeaten for a bit longer. eventually teams will find a way to neutralise us... but hope that's not for a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

errrrmmm... we're not playing wba this weekend. we're playing millwall.

but yeah, would be good to keep being unbeaten for a bit longer. eventually teams will find a way to neutralise us... but hope that's not for a while yet.
            Ermmm... that's not what I meant. Im using WBA as an example, recently on twitter people hammering them for shouting about being unbeaten but found it funny that they aint top of the league. I quite like the fact that they are unbeaten....

Well aware we have Millwal, just think we may not win, but a draw equally a good result for me.

Comment

Is this an Errrrmmmm off?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                I prefer #### off .

Comment

Think we'll draw on Saturday.

We're a promotion chaser in attack and relegation fodder at the back so I'm sticking with my mid-table prediction.

Not complaining as I am loving what Warbs is doing but once we sort out that defence I'd say we've got a play-off challenging side on our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    ermmm no.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

This squad is miles better than Ollie's one and should hopefully maintain their good form As the opening post states, we went on a decent run between Sept and Dec before falling apart and as long as we maintain this form for longer, we should be enjoying a comfortable top half season (a very rare one for QPR at this level in all its previous names Div 2, Div 1 and Championship). As far as I can recall, we only ever had 4 promotions and a handful of top half finishes with the rest being bottom half relegation scraps.

I am quietly confident that we will have a good season as long as there are no major injury setbacks.

The defence looks reasonably comfortable as a back 3, the midfield is comfortable on the ball and creative whilst the attack is lively and both Hugill and Wells look capable of getting into double figures before the year is out let alone the season.

My only reservations are goalkeeper, back up for Leistner and Mlakar looks no better than Oteh.

Comment

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm oh I've forgotten what I was going to say now.

Comment

Huddersfield lost 15 games and had a -2 goal difference when they went up via playoffs. Being unbeaten for weeks/months on end is not a necessity.... It's more about making sure you don't spew points away unnecessarily or fail to get three points when they're on offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                            Huddersfield lost 15 games and had a -2 goal difference when they went up via playoffs. Being unbeaten for weeks/months on end is not a necessity.... It's more about making sure you don't spew points away unnecessarily or fail to get three points when they're on offer.
                            Huddersfield are a one off.. They lost half their matches in the first 1/4 and another terrible run in the last 1/4... no idea how they did it tbh.

Comment

This team attacks is a way we haven't for many years. Yes we had a decent run under SM but very defensive. Ollie's second tenure was an abomination saved only by someone stepping in and that system being changed. Last decent manager we had was Warnock.

Great work by the club and Warburton over summer. Complete squad overhaul at this level without spending and selling players as well so in profit is staggering. Good use of loan market, free signings and continuing to develop players. Yes team isn't perfect but at times very slick and good to watch. I remember seeing we were second favourites for relegation before the season. Whilst I don't doubt we will have blips the quality this team has is obvious. I expect us to do well although play offs a stretch.

Been a carp time mainly over last decade, with few highlights, so nice to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
                              X