Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We're not though are we.

Im calling it on our situation right now. Joint 4th in the league partly down to him and people calling for him to be dropped.

Embarrassing. Never seen such fickle inpatient fans.
    Can't quite believe our start tbh. Fantastic, everyone remember last season.
    Yes he made mistakes but they never cost us, the fellas dug in and and defended, and concentrated.
    Someone once said football is about results, ....we still got the result

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We're not though are we.

Im calling it on our situation right now. Joint 4th in the league partly down to him and people calling for him to be dropped.

Embarrassing. Never seen such fickle inpatient fans.
      Not calling for him to be dropped at all , I’m calling for him to be judged on his performances and not our results.your cutting him slack because of our results.

Comment

I've seen far worse frrom much better keepers.

Move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          I've seen far worse frrom much better keepers.

Move on.

Comment

:shh :

Comment

Still out better option IMO. Not convinced of Kelly yet but from the sample size it's hard to say I suppose. Overall, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Young for a keeper and young in terms of experience
                Oh please! Does my head in when folks talk about 20-something men as kids or being young. All he's done for past 10, 12, 15 years is be a bleeding goalkeeper. He played what, 40 games last season - he should know his onions by now! He has been manifestly ropey from the first game at Stoke - irrespective of the obvious gaffes he's made he has been a bag of nerves, doesn't command his area with any sort of presence and transmits unease to the rest of the team, particularly the defence. Our league position is not because of Joe, it's in spite of him. I have no idea why he hasn't been dropped. I trace our demise over past 30-odd years as being attributable to Jürgen Sommer being rubbish in goal, costing us at least 12 points and hugely contributing to our relegation...... poor keepers are the ruination of any club: you cannot carry a poor keeper.

Comment

Sounds like we have a 29 year old Austrian keeper on trial , should have brought in an experienced keeper in the summer .

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    Sounds like we have a 29 year old Austrian keeper on trial , should have brought in an experienced keeper in the summer .
                    Heinz Lindner 6'3''.. Ex Austria Vienna and capped by Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

Heinz Lindner 6'3''.. Ex Austria Vienna and capped by Austria.
                      Surprised he is a free agent ! Looking at his youtube vids he looks the business.

Comment

I think we have to trust MW on this one, he knows what Kelly is all about, that's why he brought him in, if he doesn't drop Lumley after yet another catastrophic error it will be showing the upmost confidence that Lumley will get it right! Bringing in an experienced keeper says to me he may have other plans!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          I think we have to trust MW on this one, he knows what Kelly is all about, that's why he brought him in, if he doesn't drop Lumley after yet another catastrophic error it will be showing the upmost confidence that Lumley will get it right! Bringing in an experienced keeper says to me he may have other plans!
                          This should have been done during the summer regardless of Lumleys form . Four youngish keepers ain’t the greatest idea to me

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post

Oh please! Does my head in when folks talk about 20-something men as kids or being young. All he's done for past 10, 12, 15 years is be a bleeding goalkeeper. He played what, 40 games last season - he should know his onions by now! He has been manifestly ropey from the first game at Stoke - irrespective of the obvious gaffes he's made he has been a bag of nerves, doesn't command his area with any sort of presence and transmits unease to the rest of the team, particularly the defence. Our league position is not because of Joe, it's in spite of him. I have no idea why he hasn't been dropped. I trace our demise over past 30-odd years as being attributable to Jürgen Sommer being rubbish in goal, costing us at least 12 points and hugely contributing to our relegation...... poor keepers are the ruination of any club: you cannot carry a poor keeper.
                            I agree about Sommer being rubbish and costing us all those points leading to relegation. He was truly pants.

As for Lumley, let's see if he improves over the next few games because as pointed out already, he has been quite ropey all season and quite frankly, since the start of 2019. We don't know much about Kelly, nor even Barnes, but they might be better than Lumley.

Comment

Comment

Brilliant game today from Lumley. Good positioning, distribution, had his palms stung on 3-4 occasions and an all round confident performance.

Thats why you don't drop someone after a mistake!!!

Those asking for him to be dropped get a grip of yourselves and support the lad. Great day today!!

Comment

Working...
                                X