All this Lumley talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this Lumley talk

Lets just forget it. Everyone makes mistakes. He apologized to the fans by putting his hands up. We won the game and we are only 3 points off top how about that ?
    Onward to Wall
    URsss

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    Lets just forget it. Everyone makes mistakes. He apologized to the fans by putting his hands up. We won the game and we are only 3 points off top how about that ?
    Onward to Wall
    URsss
    He’s made a good few mistakes this season but lucky for him it hasn’t cost us games except at Bristol city .The question for Warburton is Kelly a better keeper , if not stick with Lumley.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      Onward to Wall
      URsss
      So much good stuff on the pitch at the moment, enjoy the Moment, have a Glass Full Kinda day and as you rightly point out, three points of the top, when we was all worried ware the Goals would come from.

Comment

Classic papering over the cracks mentality. The best time to evaluate performance with sound judgement is when you win. Less emotional response.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
          Classic papering over the cracks mentality. The best time to evaluate performance with sound judgement is when you win. Less emotional response.
          Hardly papering over the cracks - and we are winning so that is all that matters - yes he made a mistake and yes when goal keepers do they get punished. It is the new way the game is being played - look at the premiership this weekend - equally bad mistakes made by Man city and Arsenal - Allison and Lloris have made worse mistakes in the past so it happens to the best. surely encouragement is better than dropping

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post

Hardly papering over the cracks - and we are winning so that is all that matters - yes he made a mistake and yes when goal keepers do they get punished. It is the new way the game is being played - look at the premiership this weekend - equally bad mistakes made by Man city and Arsenal - Allison and Lloris have made worse mistakes in the past so it happens to the best. surely encouragement is better than dropping
            I didnt say drop...I said evaluate. Pep screams at his players when they make mistakes even if they win 5-0. That may be OTT, but it shows an extreme winners mentality. Never settle

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post

I didnt say drop...I said evaluate. Pep screams at his players when they make mistakes even if they win 5-0. That may be OTT, but it shows an extreme winners mentality. Never settle
              There seems to be a general mood on here to paint Lumley as a villain - "get smithies back ..whats Vorm doing...etc ." .Lumley is our no1 keeper and i am sure that warburton is having a words about the mistakes anyone makes not just the keeper....Pep does the opposite actually watch his reaction to the mistakes made by city against Norwich he was slumped in his dug out. Lumley is still relatively inexperienced as a keeper and maybe having a decent keeper in kelly is putting a bit more pressure on him...last season there was no chance that ingram was going to displace him. we actually have 5 keepers at the club atm i don't think we need a 6th.

Comment

That boob boob at this level should result in him being dropped, this isn't kids football where feelings are hurt. Would send out a brilliant message to the squad, you #### up, you don't play.

Comment

People need to lay off the kid if you ask me.

Yes hes he's made mistakes, yes he made a howler Saturday.

Did it cost us? No it didn't.

We're joint 4th in the league with help from Lumley.

Dropping him will do his confidence the world of good wont it!

He's still learning, he's still very young & maybe just get behind him eh instead of hammering him.

Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

He's still learning, he's still very young & maybe just get behind him eh instead of hammering him.

Just a thought!
                    Very young? He's 25 in a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Very young? He's 25 in a few months.
                      Young for a keeper and young in terms of experience

Comment

Just a thought!
                        Would you be calling it differently if his mistakes meant we were in the relegation zone right now.I think results are irrelevant, he should be judged on his performances and they need to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
                          That boob boob at this level should result in him being dropped, this isn't kids football where feelings are hurt. Would send out a brilliant message to the squad, you #### up, you don't play.
                          I can see people thinking this is a bit harsh, but isn't one of the aims of this side that we have cover in each position so players can be replaced periodically due to injury, loss of form, fatigue etc.?

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Would you be calling it differently if his mistakes meant we were in the relegation zone right now.I think results are irrelevant, he should be judged on his performances and they need to improve.
                            We're not though are we.

Im calling it on our situation right now. Joint 4th in the league partly down to him and people calling for him to be dropped.

Embarrassing. Never seen such fickle inpatient fans.

Comment

Just a thought!
                              Pretty good thought

Comment

Working...
                              X