If Lumley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lumley

If he didnt make thar mistake what do you think the score would’ve been ? Genuinely think it could’ve been 7/8 we were that dominant. JN

Agree , that mistake was a complete game changer.

Comment

He's DIV 1 keeper at best. Never pick crosses and always stay rooted hoping for the best. The stupid mistake to gift Luton a lifeline should never be acceptable at this level. It shows he is not concentrated during games and this could be the difference between success and failure for thr R's this season.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
        If he didnt make thar mistake what do you think the score would’ve been ? Genuinely think it could’ve been 7/8 we were that dominant. JN
        I agree. Up until then, Luton barely got a look in and QPR could have been 6-0 up, Eze hit the bar twice and Wells should have scored with a header. That mistake could have cost QPR the game because Luton could and should have scored at least 2 more in the 2nd half (although Hugill could have scored 3 in that half too).

Comment

All them misses we done is Lums fault

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            No, but QPR were dominating the match up until his error. It's not as if he made an ordinary goalkeeping error which I would not be so critical of. He needlessly came well out of his area to get involved in passing the ball around and gave it staright to Cornick. The goal lifted the whole Luton team.

It's not as if this is his first error with kicking the ball. He made a similar one last season against Preston and then against Bristol City.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              No sorry not my point at all. In fact I think lumley played really well apart from that one mistake which completely changed the game. Was asking what the score would’ve been if he didn’t make that error. We were so dominant. JN

Comment

We will never know mr nutt

Comment

Like lots say we should have been 3 more up before Lums blunder. We ain't complaining that Eze should go cos he hit the cross bar twice ? Or that Wells should have had a hatrick ?
                  It was the second goal which done us in. Lums made up for that with a world class save to give us the points. That's all in my opinion anyway.

"Full respect goes to Luton but we gave a sloppy goal away and a glimmer of hope. An early goal in the second half changed the whole dynamic of the game"
                  Warburton..

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

No sorry not my point at all. In fact I think lumley played really well apart from that one mistake which completely changed the game. Was asking what the score would’ve been if he didn’t make that error. We were so dominant. JN
                    Lumley had played well other than the mistake? With all due respect, what did he do other than slow down the distribution from the back, and look generally dazed and slow when the play came his way. He may be one of those players who are decent in practice and miserable in game situations. Kelly may not be the answer, and if not we need to go goalie shopping again.

Comment

In fact, let me say this another way. Lumley right now is the ONLY player I would sit on this squad that Warbs and Les have done a solid job rebuilding. He IS the weak link, and more game time (as we saw last season) only makes his level of play grow increasingly dire.

Comment

His Mistake deffo let them back into a game they were out of we were cruising until then,it gave them that hope for the 2nd half could and should've been more in front at half time, and still managed to miss a good 4-5 chances in the 2nd half, but that first 35 minutes was the best football I've seen at HQ in possibly 10 years since Warnock was in charge? Eze brilliant lets hope he keeps it up and Chair & Ball's energy was great, Hugills hold up play excellent and lots of good movement from him and Wells

Comment

If Lumley hadn't made that error ? 3-1

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                            His Mistake deffo let them back into a game they were out of we were cruising until then,it gave them that hope for the 2nd half could and should've been more in front at half time, and still managed to miss a good 4-5 chances in the 2nd half, but that first 35 minutes was the best football I've seen at HQ in possibly 10 years since Warnock was in charge? Eze brilliant lets hope he keeps it up and Chair & Ball's energy was great, Hugills hold up play excellent and lots of good movement from him and Wells
                            I agree about the football in the 1st 35 mins and said exactly the same to the guy next to me (the best since Warnock and Tarrabt).

Lumley made a mistake and probably could have done better with the 2nd (at least come out for the cross and try and punch it away), but he did make a vital late save to keep the lead.

Back to the mistake, is he encouraged by Warburton to come out for the ball like that? I ask because on seeing the highlights, QPR took a throw in back to Leistner who then seemed to look to pass the ball to Lumley as if expecting him to be well out of his area. In short, QPR should not be aiming to play this dangerous football. A bit like Arsenal and their dodgy goalkicks inside their 6 yard box!!

Comment

Their Keeper wasn't much better and should have saved the first goal after getting two hands to it and he cost them £1.3m.

Comment

Working...
                              X