Two teams in one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two teams in one

I read a lot of posts questioning Warburton's selections for the Portsmouth game. Yes, I would have preferred Hugill or Wells over Mlakar, and yes, I would not have started Smith over Ball or Owens over Eze. With that said, I still applaud the new manager for doing something none have done for, well, forever: build two squads so we don't wear out by March.

Cue Steve McLaren here, who refused to rest anyone. The result: we were dead on our feet the last 2-3 months of the Championship season. I also believe Warburton is installing a system here that can work over the long run, where we recruit players based not on past resume but their ability to adapt to the new system.

If Barbet or Smith or Hugill or Ball or anyone else doesn't work in this system, the Club will shed them in favor of those who will.

We have suffered through high-priced flameouts, over-the-hill managers, and a brand of soccer that has been both horribly unsuccessful and insufferably boring.

I like what I'm seeing, and urge ALL to give this time to sort out.

For me, it's not the changes he made for the cup game. We needed to rest our best players for Sheff but Barbet and Smith are shockingly bad. Are they better than what we had last season?

I agree with you as every manager needs time and I am fully behind MW.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      For me, it's not the changes he made for the cup game. We needed to rest our best players for Sheff but Barbet and Smith are shockingly bad. Are they better than what we had last season?

I agree with you as every manager needs time and I am fully behind MW.
      With all due respect. Your judging these players after less than 3 months into a new job

Comment

Agree with a lot of op says but pro footballers dont burn out , when they get to mid table or are safe from relegation they just go through the motions and slack off

Comment

Working...
        X