Barbet & Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbet & Smith

I've had enough of watching these two players, I wouldn't play them again if it was me.

Try Toni Leistner and Grant Hall at the back.

Barbet looks like another lynch. Can't see why he was brought in. Surely there were better players in league one than him that we could afford! Haven't seen enough of Smith but it doesn't sound like hes been up to much.

Comment

Barbet is starting to look like a liability had looked ok on the ball until last night. As for Smith he is young and adjusting to the demands of the championship.Think he will be ok when playing alongside Cameron or with a fit Pugh one thing about him is he doesn't hide from the ball after he has made an error. Early days for him but Barbet that's a different matter. Hall and Leistner Saturday?

Comment

Can't believe how poor Barbet has been so far. Both on the ball and defensively.
        The BFG every time for me over this clown.

As for Smith, out of his depth last night against League One oppo.
        Lots of huff and puff but no quality in any aspect of his game.

Mlakar another one who doesn't look like he will be any good long term.

Early days for all three of them but they are gonna have to improve drastically if they are to seriously challenge for a first team place.

Comment

...slightly off-topic, but i'm slightly surprised that there hasn't been a mini-meltdown over leistner re-tweeting a (german-language) news report where his agent says that he is open to moving back to germany before the end of the current window (which closes on monday in germany).
          Publikumsliebling Toni Leistner steckt bei QPR in einer schwierigen Situation. Eine Rückkehr nach Deutschland schließt sein Berater nicht aus.

Comment

If you were him and saw barbet playing instead of you and costing the team points nearly every match, would you be content to sit and watch? He wants to play games, not sit on his backside like Swp did and take a wage. If a guy wants to leave because he's going to join a team and start then surely that's his job as a footballer. Can't see how warbs sees barbet is a better defender then leistner.
            The guy is a spoofer!!

Comment

I think it is more of a case that BFG is home sick and wanted to go home, and was just waiting for a offer to come in.
              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
              Work Best When Open...
              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Am I missing something here or is everyone ignoring the shocking performance of the BFG last night .He gave away a stupid penalty due to being to slow and then got left for dead for the second goal too.I think some are being selective when it comes to digging out players .Barbet wasn’t great last night but BFG was worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                  Am I missing something here or is everyone ignoring the shocking performance of the BFG last night .He gave away a stupid penalty due to being to slow and then got left for dead for the second goal too.I think some are being selective when it comes to digging out players .Barbet wasn’t great last night but BFG was worse.
                  If you look at the video BFG was the only one running back trying to stop the pass. Ok he aint got the pace but Barbet with his vast experience should have intercept that pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

If you look at the video BFG was the only one running back trying to stop the pass. Ok he aint got the pace but Barbet with his vast experience should have intercept that pass.
                    Seems to me fans are more prepared to cut BFG more slack than Barbet .

Comment

That's cos he's been here a year and is well liked by majority of fans. He tries his best, does the basics and can actually defend. Barbet is supposed to be an experienced championship defender but it looks the other way round if you compare them both. Barbet is not an improvement to our defence. Made it worse which looked impossible!!

Comment

Barbet and BFG are both mediocre players , they'll have the odd good game but both will be prone to regularly mess up ,both lack pace and shouldn't be played in the same team

Comment

When has barbet played well so far then? Leistner actually held the defence together for much of last season. He had lynch, furlong and bidwell with him so that says it all. Give him a run alongside hall with kane and Wallace/manning and then look at the comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
                            When has barbet played well so far then? Leistner actually held the defence together for much of last season. He had lynch, furlong and bidwell with him so that says it all. Give him a run alongside hall with kane and Wallace/manning and then look at the comparison.
                            The bit about having furlong, Lynch and Bidwell doesn’t actually add up. Bidwell the left back for the team top of the league, furlong sold for 1.5mil.

massive overreaction towards Barbet. He looks tidy on the ball, ok he has made a couple of mistakes but he is playing in a new team and at the end of the day he was a free transfer.

Bottom line is guys we have signed aload of freebies so you have to expect a player that has good and bad games.

We are trying to play a nice passing brand of football, now stick with it and the players and it might get us somewhere

Comment

Bidwell is a very average left back. That fact the Swansea have good players around him covers over that. Lynch could only find Sunderland to give him a contract which tells everyone he's not a championship defender. The guy is a shocking footballer. No one went near in the summer. Furlong can't get in the West Brom team and still looked shaky at right back last year. To get 1.5 million for him reflected that.

Comment

Working...
                              X