No announcement yet.

Bolton and Bury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume they are in the position they are because they exceed income and likely breached FFP. If they rescued the new owners should be fined like we were. Dont hold your breath though.

Comment

Sky Sports and Jim White criticised for 'disgraceful' countdown coverage of Bury and Bolton expulsion deadline

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a4222496.html

Comment

And the rest of us !

_108516445_gettyimages-1170516422.jpg

Comment

This is really sad, it wasn't long ago we were in that mess.

Stupid money is involved, why not create a cap in football and use the money to help when clubs are in trouble?

Comment

Could easily be us.

Clubs need to be financially prudent but unfortunately the way its going I can see league 1/2 becoming an a mature league or most clubs disappearing. The gulf is massive and clubs can't compete. The money is silly, the manufactured drama and plastic fans a complete disgrace. I love QPR but kinda hate football.

I can see a lot of people moving to more local non league sides and enjoying the amateur game. The football might be shite but you can drink in the stands and its cheap.

Comment

Too many people in that area supporting the Manchester teams and then cry when their local team goes out of business. Cant have helped seeing people's second team becoming Salford or FC United. Remember Stockport is another team that have fallen from grace but still operating. Same for Chester and Wrexham. The Manchester and Liverpool clubs dominate unfortunately. People want a local club but arent prepared to support it until it's too late.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post
                Too many people in that area supporting the Manchester teams and then cry when their local team goes out of business. Cant have helped seeing people's second team becoming Salford or FC United. Remember Stockport is another team that have fallen from grace but still operating. Same for Chester and Wrexham. The Manchester and Liverpool clubs dominate unfortunately. People want a local club but arent prepared to support it until it's too late.
                exactly,this country has way too many clubs.
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

exactly,this country has way too many clubs.
                  No. There is plenty of money in football to keep alive all FL clubs. Sanchez is getting £500k a week for not playing football for FFS! It’s obscene. When you have a club going out of business after more than one hundred years, it’s not because there are too many clubs. It’s because of gross mismanagement by the owners - past and current - and the failure of the EFL to properly look after one of their member clubs. Allowing Bury to be sold to some shyster who has zero money for £1 was only ever going to end up with the club going out of business. How can that not have been obvious to the totally incompetent Shaun Harvey and his clan?

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

No. There is plenty of money in football to keep alive all FL clubs. Sanchez is getting £500k a week for not playing football for FFS! It’s obscene. When you have a club going out of business after more than one hundred years, it’s not because there are too many clubs. It’s because of gross mismanagement by the owners - past and current - and the failure of the EFL to properly look after one of their member clubs. Allowing Bury to be sold to some shyster who has zero money for £1 was only ever going to end up with the club going out of business. How can that not have been obvious to the totally incompetent Shaun Harvey and his clan?
                    In other news - there is the demise of the High Street which is central to a community. People are very unhappy about it, but then shop at retail parks or online because its easier and cheaper for them. But 'Bring back our High Streets'

Comment

They should sack Jim white as he is a total bell end
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                        They should sack Jim white as he is a total bell end
                        Send him back to snooker

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post

I agree Northolt. Football is a very public and high profile example of what's happening in wider society. The rich are getting richer and fock everyone else. 50 years time... 1 Europe wide league with a handful of super clubs from each country. All other clubs gone or amateur.

Comment

makes me sick some fans think Bury deserve this because they've spent above their means. Haven't we all
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              makes me sick some fans think Bury deserve this because they've spent above their means. Haven't we all
                              Agreed.

But the difference now is that people with money no longer believe that they can change the football model to.make lower ranked teams profitable. The saviours are no longer there.

I agree that league 1/2 teams may go part time - but wasnt that the case in the 60s and the need for north and south based leagues?

Comment

haven't a problem lower league teams going part-time and returning to North and South based leagues, anything to help them survive. My main gripe is the immoral amounts of money in the game and how it's distributed
                                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                                I must be guided without a stumble
                                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                                X