Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post

No not really,once a ranger always a ranger,just success brings the casual fans back.

Like older fans who have stopped going regularly for any number of reasons,hard times,illness,football not the same as it was and as Leighsy says the world has changed so much.

So i cant agree they are gloryhunters just maybe
    different priorities.
    i'd add most fans moving away + the changing demographics within travelling distance to Loftus Rd. Lots of the new faces you see on Uxbridge Rd or in the new flats within a few tube stations radius of the ground aint old muckers who like slightly above average championship football anyway. they're boring anyway. a lot of our fans simply don't live within travelling distance to W12 anymore
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

People just cautious on what they spend their money on. Local football attendances have been on the rise as people rather spend £10 and watch their local team. For instance I watch more Slough Town games than QPR coz I can afford to do that more. Plus one of the presenter of talkshite was saying that even know he is a Blackburn fan, he watches Man City every week. Reason being he rather spend his money watching a top quality match where you see quality football by quality players than the crap Blackburn has got to offer. He isn’t alone. There have been Charlton, Barnet, Leyton Orient etc fans who rather spend their money to watch Arsenal or Tottenham or Chelsea than their teams. This seems to be a new trend. They feel it’s their money and they want to enjoy great football. For me I don’t want to watch quality football hence why I watch QPR and Slough!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
        Walk through the Bush or Westfields on match day and you'll see most of the young people wearing Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd/PSG/Juve.
        Same everywhere, but only a fashion statement, me too, designer label, not support.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
          ok we should put scooter parking bays around ground,.
          Aaah nostalgia. A couple we know from Coventry way, he hailed originally from Shep Bush. His Mum worked for QPR marshalling the supporters push bikes on matchday. That was when football was local.

Comment

High ticket prices,pies,beer and other match day items at the ground dont help.

Over the top a stewards,cant do this cant do that.Poor officials,poor football for past 4/5 seasons all add to the case.

People find other things to do which are better value for money.Kids now do other things and they like to be associated with success.

Already mentioned on the day prices to much,cost of travel,money is a lot tighter for some now so
            people consider the cost before going.Tv coverage,work commitments.

Possible getting involved in violence as a victim even if minding your own business.Parents are a lot more protective of their kids now.

Plenty more reasons and it does not bode well but it is what it sadly.

Also players earning big money compared to Joe public and some not seemingly giving a toss.
            Yeah, but apart from that everything's rosy eh?

Comment

No not really,once a ranger always a ranger,just success brings the casual fans back.

Like older fans who have stopped going regularly for any number of reasons,hard times,illness,football not the same as it was and as Leighsy says the world has changed so much.

So i cant agree they are gloryhunters just maybe
              different priorities.
              Indeed, why should I flog up to LR before noon on a Saturday, buy a ticket and spend 90 minutes and added time to watch uninspiring, boring football played by clueless players who have more chance of a wayward ball bouncing off them to a team mate, than actually passing to them. No imagination or invention, and more often than not no idea what to do in the final third,stupid errors and giving the ball away unnecessarily.

And then rush to catch the train back home, so I get back before 7, so as not to waste the whole day.

Yes, there have been limited runs of hope over some past seasons that give me the notion of going back to see, but when I do, we play someone like Preston, and nothing has changed.

But, as said, once a Ranger, always a Ranger.

Comment

I love going to home games, but I'm 6'5" tall and the seating is absolute sh1te - unless I get a proper aisle seat.

I know of no less comfortable ground to watch football at. I have been to more away games in the past 20 years than home games.

Comment

Originally posted by Qpstranger View Post
                  I love going to home games, but I'm 6'5" tall and the seating is absolute sh1te - unless I get a proper aisle seat.

I know of no less comfortable ground to watch football at. I have been to more away games in the past 20 years than home games.
                  Wouldn't want you in front of me !! Oh the times iv asked if we can swap seats with some giant

Comment

Comment

tbf attendance at home to wigan is always going to be low- awful, unglamorous opposition, and they brought about 100 away fans. JN

Comment

There are things I think the club can control which might have an effect. Cost is clearly a big thing, especially for kids. Maybe the kids for a pound scheme should be the rule rather than the exception. Speaking of kids, my 3 under 12s were all at the Wigan game. The boys are football obsessed, have encyclopedic knowledge of "The Prem" and all its players, wear Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, England and QPR (but no other English club) kits, love watching Liverpool and Man City, but actually love to come to QPR. They recognize that despite the song we are not the finest team the world has ever seen, but they remember forever just being there when we have a rare moment of magic - Hoilett's goal in the top corner, Karl Henry's worldy from outside the box, Eze gliding past defenders like they're chained to posts, big Toni using his pace and touch as he marauds forward - they go on about this for days after. The point is, being there makes such a big difference. Most of their mates who support "big" teams have never actually seen them play, not the least as it's almost impossible to get a ticket, as well as the cost. So I think my point is we need to catch them young and get them in. And the thing is, we always have space. We're never full, so maybe we plan further ahead with local schools, football and sports clubs to get the kids along, but also recognize that we probably need to make their first game a special event, meet some players, tour the ground, whatever - and also make it easy for them to get to the ground, so that disinterested parents aren't a barrier to them coming.

As for older, one-off fans, again, once they've been they'll come again (possibly). We should take advantage of the attraction of the Premiership, and its lack of accessibility - our location, the "decent" level of football, and the fact we have spare tickets should be advertised more widely somehow. How about we have an "International" section in the ground where all visiting Scandos etc sit together? Maybe we have foreign language sections on the website. Play on the nationalities of our players, aim at the Moroccan, US, Nigerian, Finnish markets. And Hungarian - seeing Akos, we could call it the Buzacky section. Did make me laugh when they said in the 5 years he was at the club, he had 12 managers! Maybe it won't work, but we do seem keen on trying new things.

Comment

Quite like the schools idea. How about subsidised visits for youth groups - Cubs, scouts, u11 football teams etc.?

Comment

U either love going of u don't , I have my ups and downs with the club... Sometimes ask myself what am I doing here , other times I walk away like Saturday buzzing

Comment

an unreserved area for cheapish walk up on the day were yourself and a few others can make a late choice whether to go
                              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Working...
                              X