No announcement yet.

Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u16s are too busy making food on corners or nicked scooters o be woried about football
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

None of them are at their team's games. Why not offer £1 tickets to under 16 on match days?
      I don't think they're football fans in the same way as those that go to QPR. They engage with football in a very different way and haven't grown up with the working class tradition. The presence of these kinds of fans would add nothing of value. That's my view, but I agree its worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post

prob because would cost more than a pound aticket to do,so make a loss
        Not really, I remember going to Bradford FC for a meeting and they said they offered season tickets so cheap that they filled the ground. I asked how they made money and they laughed and said it's a secret.

They also said they had a huge Muslim community but hardly any attended, which is when I mentioned we had Zesh Rehman and they should take a look. Next thing you know he was sold to them.

Comment

ok we should put scooter parking bays around ground,have a north face shop instead of club shop,that only sells black gear with hoods on it. And get rid of cameras and turn lights off round concourses on night games for selling.We should be rocking in no time.

Comment

High ticket prices,pies,beer and other match day items at the ground dont help.

Over the top a stewards,cant do this cant do that.Poor officials,poor football for past 4/5 seasons all add to the case.

People find other things to do which are better value for money.Kids now do other things and they like to be associated with success.

Already mentioned on the day prices to much,cost of travel,money is a lot tighter for some now so
            people consider the cost before going.Tv coverage,work commitments.

Possible getting involved in violence as a victim even if minding your own business.Parents are a lot more protective of their kids now.

Plenty more reasons and it does not bode well but it is what it sadly.

Also players earning big money compared to Joe public and some not seemingly giving a toss.
            Last edited by Bill; 25-08-2019, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              High ticket prices,pies,beer and other match day items at the ground dont help.

Over the top a stewards,cant do this cant do that.Poor officials,poor football for past 4/5 seasons all add to the case.

People find other things to do which are better value for money.Kids now do other things and they like to be associated with success.

Already mentioned on the day prices to much,cost of travel,money is a lot tighter for some now so
              people consider the cost before going.Tv coverage,work commitments.

Possible getting involved in violence as a victim even if minding your own business.Parents are a lot more protective of their kids now.

Plenty more reasons and it does not bode well but it is what it sadly.

Also players earning big money compared to Joe public and some not seemingly giving a toss.
              Lets be honest,football really isnt that relative nowdays Bill.worlds a new beast since 70s 80s even 90s,remember acid house destroyed hooliganism,wasnt the government

Comment

The only way is to Win Win Win Win our games. 40,000 of us @ Wembley ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  The only way is to Win Win Win Win our games. 40,000 of us @ Wembley ?
                  Glory hunters

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Glory hunters
                    No not really,once a ranger always a ranger,just success brings the casual fans back.

Like older fans who have stopped going regularly for any number of reasons,hard times,illness,football not the same as it was and as Leighsy says the world has changed so much.

So i cant agree they are gloryhunters just maybe
                    different priorities.

Comment

We have been rubbish for too long, wasn't last season the most home defeats we've had for yonks? Why would anyone wake up and suddenly think that visiting QPR is an attractive proposition? It will take at least 18 months of entertaining, dynamic and predominantly successful football to turn things round.
                      I do think club should be cuter at recognising matches with potentially poor crowds and offer freebies, price cuts or incentives to get some more bums on seats.... There was always gonna be 5000 empty seats yesterday - club could have been far more imaginative and creative with ticketing.

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
                        We have been rubbish for too long, wasn't last season the most home defeats we've had for yonks? Why would anyone wake up and suddenly think that visiting QPR is an attractive proposition? It will take at least 18 months of entertaining, dynamic and predominantly successful football to turn things round.
                        I do think club should be cuter at recognising matches with potentially poor crowds and offer freebies, price cuts or incentives to get some more bums on seats.... There was always gonna be 5000 empty seats yesterday - club could have been far more imaginative and creative with ticketing.
                        You ain't wrong Abs there got to be entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post

No not really,once a ranger always a ranger,just success brings the casual fans back.

Like older fans who have stopped going regularly for any number of reasons,hard times,illness,football not the same as it was and as Leighsy says the world has changed so much.

So i cant agree they are gloryhunters just maybe
                          different priorities.
                          I was joking , if your looking to glory hunt you wouldn’t be following qpr .

Comment

Also have to bear in mind that anyone with a internet connection/mobile device can easily follow the games and watch the highlights later for nothing these days. Weigh that against the costa and hassle of travel and a ticket, just to sit with your knees around your ears for 90+ minutes and it's quite understanble that fewer would attend.

Comment

Perhaps the club should contact fans on the database from now and 10 years ago and ask why they don't attend games anymore ,

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                Perhaps the club should contact fans on the database from now and 10 years ago and ask why they don't attend games anymore ,
                                Unfortunately the GDPR regulations brought in by the government and EU would prevent this unless people opted in to receive communications.

But there are other ways we can we reconnect and insentive people to come. It's worth considering.

In any case, I think we should trying to get fans who have stopped coming for whatever reason to renegage with the club before trying to attract new fans.

We need to develop the match day experience and club brand. For example, as much as we mock a club like Fulham they at least know what they are and people attending get the match day they expect. It's the same for Millwall.

There was an interesting video on Vice Media about us. They portrayed us as quirky left field club with an interesting range of fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X