Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance

I'm not one to get on our fans back's, the past few seasons haven't been great to say the least. When performance levels drop, so do attendances, which is understandable given nobody wants to waste their weekend watching a **** game and a defeat. All of this aside, I cant help but feel as though there should have been more of us there yesterday. I'm not quite sure what happened, but only 11,000 after the reasonable start to the season that we've had was quite shocking to me. We had a bigger attendance even after the worst start to a season in our history last season when we were at home to Bristol City. This is not a post to get on the fans backs, its more a plea for those that havent been coming to get down to Loftus Road (or the KPF stadium) and watch our boys play this season. Yeah we've had some poor results, but the style of play and some of our youngsters are looking fantastic season. We have an identity for the first time in ages, some of the football we're playing is fantastic, it feels like we aren't far away from being a seriously good team this season. The stadium felt flat yesterday in the first half, and thats not what this team deserve. I can only imagine what it would do for the team if the ground was rocking like we know it can. If you haven't been this season your definitely missing out, get yourself down for the game against Luton and I promise you'll like what you see. Come on you R's.

Weve been crap for years and fans get out of the routine of going .Add to that it’s the school holidays plus silly walk up prices and you can see why.

Comment

Crap or not, we need to fill our ground. We should offer free tickets to local schools which in return could bring a new breed of fans. I would do the same with a new ground.

Comment

August bank holiday weekend as well as this month isnt great for attendances plus we've been Dross for over 4 years now ,I think the atts have been quite good , give good football and the fans will turn up , thank fkuc we ain't discussing games where in the past got a point and poster and trying to justify Drossball because we got a point , now we are discussing players plus's points instead knocking this and that tho some will still knock and seek out a scape goat

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          Crap or not, we need to fill our ground. We should offer free tickets to local schools which in return could bring a new breed of fans. I would do the same with a new ground.
          Yes buddy but being crap is is no excuse for filling the ground it's a reason for not filling it , imo the club has been very lucky to get away with testing the fans loyalty for so long given the dross that's been served up , I get your point fully tho ,t but good enjoyable football is really the only way to build a loyal solid fan base

Comment

Our fan base has got older and lets face it we not as popular as we use to be to bring youth through.On the whole younger people tend to have other interests nowdays, I mean alot dont even drink now as drugs are cheaper. Also add travel costs which are silly ,people have more entertainment choices to spend their hard earned on.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
              Our fan base has got older and lets face it we not as popular as we use to be to bring youth through.On the whole younger people tend to have other interests nowdays, I mean alot dont even drink now as drugs are cheaper. Also add travel costs which are silly ,people have more entertainment choices to spend their hard earned on.
              In that case, we need to think outside the box, what can we do as a club which could bring in new support?

Comment

In that case, we need to think outside the box, what can we do as a club which could bring in new support?
                wont work ,it is what is .

Comment

wont work ,it is what is .
                  there is always a way and if we can't attract new fans then bring in tourists. Any extra money we make will help the club.

There are many ways in which the club can fill empty seats.

Comment

You can go back 20/30 years and our attendance rarely changes . We have a hardcore 10/12 k .I can remember London derbies not selling out 80s/90s.

Comment

we just not popular,sh ite ground,not glam, youth not bothered,there not a attachment so much these days, people like teams but have other things to do instead.we never going to fill 30k face it.

Comment

Walk through the Bush or Westfields on match day and you'll see most of the young people wearing Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd/PSG/Juve.

There is no interest in a club like QPR. The only way it'll change will be if we get promoted, and win the league and or Champions league and regularly play in Europe. Then Loftus Road will sell out, prices hiked up, and evey Tom, Dick and Harry in hoops. No thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          Walk through the Bush or Westfields on match day and you'll see most of the young people wearing Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/Utd/PSG/Juve.

There is no interest in a club like QPR. The only way it'll change will be if we get promoted, and win the league and or Champions league and regularly play in Europe. Then Loftus Road will sell out, prices hiked up, and evey Tom, Dick and Harry in hoops. No thanks!
                          None of them are at their team's games. Why not offer £1 tickets to under 16 on match days?

Comment

None of them are at their team's games. Why not offer £1 tickets to under 16 on match days?
                            prob because would cost more than a pound aticket to do,so make a loss

Comment

Been saying this for years , makes no sense half the ground being empty .

Comment

Working...
                              X