Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genuine question for those calling for Chair to start..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine question for those calling for Chair to start..

Im not professing to be a tactical mastermind but where would Chair fit into the system from the get-go if he wasn’t coming off the bench to impact the game?

We play a 4-2-3-1 with Eze in the hole and two wingers, Chair is obviously most suited to this position aswell. We can’t play Chair from the start as he or Eze will not be deployed in their best position until the game opens up later on and holes appear. Amos and Cameron/Smith in the middle behind Eze at least gives up a bit of shape as they can both defend and pass forward well.

Chair has made an impact in every game he’s come on in, I rate him but is it wrong to just stick him out wide and hope for the best? Pugh looked great in that position and BOS is full of running and occupies 1 or 2 players by himself purely on his pace alone.

Thoughts?

Personally I would have chair instead of eze. As good as eze is, he spends too much time 40 yards from goal spinning around players. When chair gets on the ball it's usually around the edge of the box. U won't win games by having a forward wandering around the halfway line. It's not his job to be that deep. Chair can link up with hugill by staying up the pitch. Eze doesn't get close enough to hugill. Saw last night that hugill looks better with players up next to him, against Huddersfield he was upfront with no support for much of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dono77 View Post
      Personally I would have chair instead of eze. As good as eze is, he spends too much time 40 yards from goal spinning around players. When chair gets on the ball it's usually around the edge of the box. U won't win games by having a forward wandering around the halfway line. It's not his job to be that deep. Chair can link up with hugill by staying up the pitch. Eze doesn't get close enough to hugill. Saw last night that hugill looks better with players up next to him, against Huddersfield he was upfront with no support for much of the game.
      Thats crazy, I was there last night and Eze was the best player on the pitch lad.

Comment

Chair can play on the left or right side of midfield (certainly did on loan). I'd start him on one wing and BOS or Pugh on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by iamayaak View Post

Thats crazy, I was there last night and Eze was the best player on the pitch lad.
          Ayew looked the part for Swansea to be fair. Set 2 up. Got into final third of the pitch. Eze started very well but think didn't finish it in the same manner. He beats players for fun but I'd rather see him do it in the box as he could win a pens this year but still drops too deep for me. You were there so obviously you saw more than me but from watching it on tv I think he should stay further up the pitch. Still young and lots to learn but I would find a spot for chair all day long.

Comment

Eze has been playing on the wing in every game. Scowen was CAM before and now its Smith so yes Chair can easily fit in. I think he 4231 formation works best when the 3 behind the striker are fluid and can play all across the pitch anyway

Comment

[QUOTE=blueandwright;n2523702]Eze has been playing on the wing in every game. /QUOTE]

Hasn't he been given a free role ?

Comment

Relatively free but he always lines up on the opposite wing to Bright with another player centrally behind the striker. Think he's been given license to drift but I would say hes been playing wide in all games ive seen

Comment

When Chair comes on him and Eze usually drift between playing centrally or wide throughout the game which I think is what causes so many problems for opposition teams. Him and Chair should 100% be on the pitch together in my eyes

Comment

Why cant he just be sub? There's nothing wrong with coming on with 30ish mins to go and bossing/dictating game against tiring opposition. Whatever your opinion of Eze is, he clearly does not have 90 minutes in him so Chair coming on for Eze makes sense until Eze develops some lungs.

Comment

We've lost our last 2 time for chair to step up , play him for 60 see how he is then bring on eze . Chair is a exciting player that gets u off your seat ( no pun intended )

Comment

Call me nuts but for Wigan I'd go with this
                        Lumley/Kelly
                        Kane Hall Barbet Manning
                        Cameron
                        Bos Chair Eze Pugh
                        Hugill
                        Or
                        Lumley/Kelly
                        Kane Hall Barbet Manning
                        Cameron
                        Bos Eze Chair
                        Wells Hugill

Comment

I was there too, and Chair had more of an end product to his game than Eze did and was only on the pitch for about 40 mins. He had 1 assist, a close range shot saved and then cleared off the line before another goal bound shot was handled by Bidwell. I was however impressed with Eze's workrate yesterday and he cleared up a few times in defence too.

As for BOS doing lots of running, yes he does, but there is very little end product.

Pugh needs to start as he showed last night that he has the composure to take on his man and pick out a teammate rather than just hit a hopeful ball into the box.

It may mean that Warburton might need to rethink his 4-2-3-1 formation in order to fit in Chair and Pugh in the same starting line up as Eze unless he drops BOS in which case it could be,

GK-
                          Defence
                          Defensive midfield pair
                          Chair - Eze - Pugh
                          Hugill

Comment

Spot on. JN

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

GK
                              Defence
                              Defensive midfield pair
                              Chair - Eze - Pugh
                              Hugill
                              Going with only nine players, that's bold

Comment

Working...
                              X